How come only white people are racist?

I never hear of anyone who isn't white, being described as racist, or accused of racism. I'm curious, is racism something that only white people are capable of?

I never hear of anyone who isn't white, being described as racist, or accused of racism. I'm curious, is racism something that only white people are capable of?

Simple answer to that is No

sigh, anybody can and is racist, its a human trait, but the vast majority is white on black, look at your history

come on man your far more intelligent than this basic of basic ideas :(

Why the sigh?

I don't mean historic racism mel. I mean present day racism, here and now. Why is it more white people are racist now, than non white people are?

sigh, anybody can and is racist, its a human trait, but the vast majority is white on black, look at your history

Not sure about the " vast majority " bit Mel

The establishment isnt going to call non whites Racist because its not politically correct to do so .

Why the sigh?

I don't mean historic racism mel. I mean present day racism, here and now. Why is it more white people are racist now, than non white people are?

they arent

if you mean on here, cos theres far more right wing trolls than in normal life which skews things

---------- Post added 01-06-2018 at 21:29 ----------

Not sure about the " vast majority " bit Mel

oh come on look through history, 90% of it is white on black / ethnic

look at our empire, the french, spanish, dutch empires the indiginous peoples we subjugated, finding the americas, australia. look at south africa, the slave trade.

thats before we get onto smaller stuff like racist groups in the UK and US

Edited by melthebell

I mean in the general population.

Also in the media; although I haven't seen any stats, I'm sure there is a lot more focus on white racist groups and individuals, compared to non-white. I'm wondering if it's more acceptable to hilight white racism, than non-white racism?

I mean in the general population.

Also in the media; although I haven't seen any stats, I'm sure there is a lot more focus on white racist groups and individuals, compared to non-white. I'm wondering if it's more acceptable to hilight white racism, than non-white racism?

racism is racism, its not acceptable in any form. i cant remember any specific recent cases off the top of my head but i do remmeber bits and bobs cropping up in recent times.

What i will argue against is the usual suspects on here and their insistance that this is racist, that is racist...normally down to a black womens swimming club or whatever

racism is racism, its not acceptable in any form. i cant remember any specific recent cases off the top of my head but i do remmeber bits and bobs cropping up in recent times.

What i will argue against is the usual suspects on here and their insistance that this is racist, that is racist...normally down to a black womens swimming club or whatever

Agree with you Mel but what do you think of the Black Lives Matter movement ? Surely it should be all lives matter ?

Edited by hackey lad

Of Western history.

The Arab slave trade was longer and more extensive than the Atlantic slave trade, for example.

In my teens back in 1990's before PCness went mainstream I was severely bullied for been white and not acting 'street-black' On one occasion I was hospitalised. I later gained 'respek' becuase they found out the 'weird Detroit-techno Jazz, deep-house music I liked and DJ'd was mostly black artists.