Banking problems today nationwide

Hi there iv been awaiting today for a payment to go into my "nationwide account" however its not shown up , (it was defiantly snt) but when iv just called the bank theres a message that states theres a "nationwide problem) does anyone know if its then possible that my payment is there but just not processed/showing im just worried about were my money is? hope this makes sense appreciate anyones help thanks

Russian hackers

Edited by dutch

It’s all over, UK and Europe. Been to Asda today and there is staff on the door telling customers they are unable to use Visa cards.

My first thoughts were Russian hackers, time will tell.

Went in the Nat West on High St this afternoon ,all the automatic machines , 3 outside and 3 inside , were showing no bank notes available , thought they just needed filling up but later found out its a problem with Visa cards all over Europe

Think its improving my visa worked at 7pm.

Went in the Nat West on High St this afternoon ,all the automatic machines , 3 outside and 3 inside , were showing no bank notes available , thought they just needed filling up but later found out its a problem with Visa cards all over Europe

Yup - my Visa card wouldn't work in France today - backup Mastercard was OK.

'Computer says no....'

We really are allowing computers to take over our lives and skills at an astonishing rate, with no apparent contingency plans for when things go wrong.

We are losing our ability to function without them, yet IMO, they are not always all they are cracked up to be.

It’s all over, UK and Europe.

Pedant alert.

Surely you mean UK and continental Europe given that we are in Europe?

/pedant

'Computer says no....'

We really are allowing computers to take over our lives and skills at an astonishing rate, with no apparent contingency plans for when things go wrong.

We are losing our ability to function without them, yet IMO, they are not always all they are cracked up to be.

remember cash is king :D

Pedant alert.

Surely you mean UK and continental Europe given that we are in Europe?

/pedant

Yes you are right.

Everything breaks down, no fatalities, just inconvenience, that’s modern day life for you. :)