New Buses in Sheffield are Annoying

Guest busdriver1
Micro hybrid around 10% more efficient and upto 30% more fuel efficient than old buses. They capture braking energy and are much lighter than the old noisy busses. That does not annoy me at all.

That is NOT how these buses work.

That is NOT how these buses work.

When looking online for micro hybrid that's what first tells us. And other sites as well, some micro hybrid use capacitors instead of batteries.

Certain buses engine only switches off when stopped. But I have been in few Sheffield buses where the engine switches off while braking and it drives off silently then engine comes on 5 to 10 seconds later.

Guest busdriver1
When looking online for micro hybrid that's what first tells us. And other sites as well, some micro hybrid use capacitors instead of batteries.

Certain buses engine only switches off when stopped. But I have been in few Sheffield buses where the engine switches off while braking and it drives off silently then engine comes on 5 to 10 seconds later.

A wonderful piece written by some PR person in Bolton. As far as I am aware there is no regen braking but there are several other aids to economy and emission reduction. They do offer a reduction in emissions through these several systems, regen braking has proved very troublesome in most of its applications and currently is out of favour. It does have a place but needs more work doing first.

A wonderful piece written by some PR person in Bolton. As far as I am aware there is no regen braking but there are several other aids to economy and emission reduction. They do offer a reduction in emissions through these several systems, regen braking has proved very troublesome in most of its applications and currently is out of favour. It does have a place but needs more work doing first.

That's fine I have only been twice on these busses on Glossop road that switch off engine while braking and start engine ten meters after driving off .

It did feel very unusual bus still moving without any engine sound, it wasn't annoying.

If these buses are unreliable and out of favour we don't want them.

Most of sheffields newer busses just switch engine off while waiting only.