Photography scam in Sheffield?

Well, I disagree with you on the legal specifics, many forums make it clear that posters are responsible for their own views and posts and that beyond a responsibility to react when informed of libel the forum is a publisher, not responsible for the posts or the views.

That is not how it is on this forum as you are well aware. If you want to complain do it at the helpdesk.

Personally I really dont believe people fall for these pathetic scams.

TBH I just view them as another stupidity tax.

I can assure you that it does happen primarily through a load of technical stuff. a mate was cleaned out after one scumbag hacked into his account and set up an unauthorised payment

I guess if you think it is a scam, you treat it as a scam. Everytime I get a call about the problem with my BT internet, which I don't have, they end up swearing at me and hanging up.

assuming I have the time I go through a charade with the "BT" internet starting off with shock horror that my internet has a problem and asking them all sorts of naive questions then having to get my lap top from upstairs then turning it on and explaining it takes a long time to start ("BT people" say this is part of the problem) then we go through the explanation of the control button the windows button and then the instruction to press the two buttons. This can if you drag it out take a good 10 minutes and when they ask what you see after pressing the buttons I say it tell me to inform the BT people to <removed> off. Don't know why but they always seem a bit upset

They always give a UK phone number on 1471 but usually different numbers each time. Pity Action Fraud and TPS sit back and twiddle their thumbs

Personally I really dont believe people fall for these pathetic scams.

TBH I just view them as another stupidity tax.

Your all heart, do you think it's a stupidity tax when an old war veteran loses everything to one of these scammers

Your all heart, do you think it's a stupidity tax when an old war veteran loses everything to one of these scammers

Or a dementia sufferer perhaps?

Or my wife, who has never used a mobile, laptop or computer and has no intention of using them.

We get the BT call a lot usually a Chinese Woman on the other side and I got a shouty bloke ring me saying not to use my car anymore as I was seen using my phone at the wheel. Obviously I'm smarter than they are because I told them politely to get lost but my wife was a bit more vulnerable good job I was there to educate her.

assuming I have the time I go through a charade with the "BT" internet starting off with shock horror that my internet has a problem and asking them all sorts of naive questions then having to get my lap top from upstairs then turning it on and explaining it takes a long time to start ("BT people" say this is part of the problem) then we go through the explanation of the control button the windows button and then the instruction to press the two buttons. This can if you drag it out take a good 10 minutes and when they ask what you see after pressing the buttons I say it tell me to inform the BT people to <removed> off. Don't know why but they always seem a bit upset

They always give a UK phone number on 1471 but usually different numbers each time. Pity Action Fraud and TPS sit back and twiddle their thumbs

Have you had the ones who purport to be from Microsoft? I've not had one for quite some time now, used to enjoy the chats. Had one going for 45 minutes what with my none existent laptop freezing then dropping the line etc. oh happy times :cool:

Have you had the ones who purport to be from Microsoft? I've not had one for quite some time now, used to enjoy the chats. Had one going for 45 minutes what with my none existent laptop freezing then dropping the line etc. oh happy times :cool:

yes in the past but like you not for some time had the same calls from "microsoft" in the last couple of days have now had three from "BT"

I have just this minute been watching Crimewatch, an elderly couple, both suffering with cancer robbed of all their life savings and jewellery, damn Busdriver 1's stupidity tax.

Guest busdriver1
I have just this minute been watching Crimewatch, an elderly couple, both suffering with cancer robbed of all their life savings and jewellery, damn Busdriver 1's stupidity tax.

Fair point, I will amend that to be in some cases then.

Fair point, I will amend that to be in some cases then.

I DO get what you are saying though, some of the scams are so obvious and so well documented and publicised it beggars belief that people still fall for them.