PIP appeal "ONLINE" - Trail

Claimants of the personal independence payment will be able to submit appeals online as part of a Government trial.

The personal independence payment (PIP) is designed to help people pay for the extra costs of living with a long-term health condition or disability, and is gradually replacing disability living allowance.

PIP applicants could previously only appeal by post, but now, if you live in Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, East Sussex, Hertfordshire, Kent, the Midlands, Norfolk, Oxfordshire or Suffolk, you can submit your appeal online.

How to appeal online

If you live in Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, East Sussex, Hertfordshire, Kent, the Midlands, Norfolk, Oxfordshire or Suffolk you can now appeal online. After saying which benefit you want to appeal about, you'll be asked to check if you're eligible to apply online.

The online appeal form is available at all times, and you can fill it in with the help of another person.

Once your appeal is submitted online, it is registered by the next working day and transmitted electronically the same day, which is quicker than post.

You can also sign up to receive progress updates by email and text.

Not available up here yet, but what do you think, will this work as I hope it does, or another white elephant. It will not help anyone who isn't online.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2018/05/government-trials-online-pip-appeals---check-if-youre-eligible

If you live in the Midlands, including Birmingham, you can now appeal a personal independence decision online.

The pilot online system allows you to lodge your appeal online instead of filling in and posting an SSCS1 form.

You will need:

your Mandatory Reconsideration Notice (MRN)

your national insurance number

details of your representative, if you have one.

When you complete the online form you have the option to include your email address so that “You’ll get updates and a link so you can track your appeal online.”

Ion addition you can opt to receive text message reminders: “You’ll only get them when you need to do something important, like send evidence or go to the hearing.”

You have the opportunity to say what you disagree with in the MRN and why.

Instead of a signature you simply type your name in a box.

Bizarrely, the terms and conditions you agree to include an undertaking that you will not “knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.”

You also have to agree not to “attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.”

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3743-appeal-a-pip-decision-online

Personally I would give this a miss. I really can't see any advantage in doing it online, you won't get a decision any quicker, and technology is fraught with its own problems - who needs the extra hassle?

Filling in these forms is difficult, with many pitfalls; things like phrasing can make the difference between success and failure I would always recommend getting help with them from somewhere like Citizen's advice. I'm not so sure this would be so easy online, (it's not easy at the best of times..)

And you must also make a copy of your application and keep it.

Personally I would give this a miss. I really can't see any advantage in doing it online, you won't get a decision any quicker, and technology is fraught with its own problems - who needs the extra hassle?

Filling in these forms is difficult, with many pitfalls; things like phrasing can make the difference between success and failure I would always recommend getting help with them from somewhere like Citizen's advice. I'm not so sure this would be so easy online, (it's not easy at the best of times..)

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I agree 110%. If you have failed at the first hurdle, which most of us do, I see no merit in NOT attending your appeal. Let the good people who sit on the appeal case see your condition, be it mentally or bodily. Between 60% and 70% (depends which charity web site you look at) are overturned in the favour of the "customer" we the disabled.

Angel1.