What is so good about Sheffield City Centre?

Guest makapaka
Well, every labour council in living memory at least.

Amazing that you would try to blame the LD

Labour were in power for the vast majority of that period.

Which bit of

"and anyway wasn’t really their fault either."

Did you pick out as being blaming the LD?

The current development and strategy behind it was largely driven by Leigh Bramall from memory - again - i'm not criticising him.

Someone was blaming “the council” for sevenstone - that was largely under Lib Dem’s watch and anyway wasn’t really their fault either.

Oh lordy. It doesn't matter who was running the council at the time, it was still their project and they failed to deliver it.

Maybe I need to spoonfeed it to you and update my earlier statement that you never answered:

'Like I said, the responsibility falls on the council, regardless of the other factors. Those other external factors might make things difficult as do changes of internal leadership, but it doesn't absolve responsibility. Perhaps you think that other projects that the council is delivering via the use of a third party are also not the council's responsibility and the council should not be held to account?'

Guest makapaka
Oh lordy. It doesn't matter who was running the council at the time, it was still their project and they failed to deliver it.

Maybe I need to spoonfeed it to you and update my earlier statement that you never answered:

'Like I said, the responsibility falls on the council, regardless of the other factors. Those other external factors might make things difficult as do changes of internal leadership, but it doesn't absolve responsibility. Perhaps you think that other projects that the council is delivering via the use of a third party are also not the council's responsibility and the council should not be held to account?'

I didn’t answer it cos it has nothing to do with the topic - what does it have to do with other projects?

You believe the council is to blame for developments regardless of external influences - I think that’s unfair as their actions and abilities are largely dictated by these influences.

I didn’t answer it cos it has nothing to do with the topic - what does it have to do with other projects?

You believe the council is to blame for developments regardless of external influences - I think that’s unfair as their actions and abilities are largely dictated by these influences.

We are going off topic; but I asked that because I was interested in when you would hold the council responsible for them failing to deliver a project, I thought that was clear in the question.

Do you think the council led Sevenstones project was a success or a failure? Simple question, only needs a yes or no answer.

Guest makapaka
We are going off topic; but I asked that because I was interested in when you would hold the council responsible for them failing to deliver a project, I thought that was clear in the question.

Do you think the council led Sevenstones project was a success or a failure? Simple question, only needs a yes or no answer.

That question doesn’t address the whole point though;

Did the sevenstone project fail - yes.

Is that solely the fault of the council - no.

Would it physically cause you pain to say that the council were at fault for something?

---------- Post added 21-07-2018 at 09:12 ----------

Which bit ... Did you pick out as being blaming the LD?

The bit where you incorrectly claim that it was "largely under their watch".

Someone was blaming “the council” for sevenstone - that was largely under Lib Dem’s watch and anyway wasn’t really their fault either.

I see that you also said it wasn't really their fault, but you are making sure that any fault that does attach is to the wrong political party. Hence why I posted the timelines.

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
Would it physically cause you pain to say that the council were at fault for something?

---------- Post added 21-07-2018 at 09:12 ----------

The bit where you incorrectly claim that it was "largely under their watch".

I see that you also said it wasn't really their fault, but you are making sure that any fault that does attach is to the wrong political party. Hence why I posted the timelines.

The collapse of sevenstone did occur during a Lib Dem council - I don’t blame them for it.

The entire project was not however "mostly under" the watch of the LDs was it.

That question doesn’t address the whole point though;

Did the sevenstone project fail - yes.

Is that solely the fault of the council - no.

At least you have managed to proportion some of the blame on the council though - it took some doing, but by jove, you managed it. You don't seem to get the line of responsibility equals ultimate blame for failure bit, but we can work on that.

Guest makapaka
At least you have managed to proportion some of the blame on the council though - it took some doing, but by jove, you managed it. You don't seem to get the line of responsibility equals ultimate blame for failure bit, but we can work on that.

God - how patronising.

Responsibility equals ultimate blame for failure......sounds like something out of fullmetal jacket.

---------- Post added 22-07-2018 at 23:24 ----------

The entire project was not however "mostly under" the watch of the LDs was it.

Well the demise of it was - but like I said - it wasn’t their fault.

What's so good about Sheffield city centre?

Today, um, some offices are there. New Moor market is quite good. CEX, HMV and John Lewis.

In the future, the castle will be opened up.

What's bad about the city centre?

Well, as predicted all those years ago, Meadowhall has it on life support. So lack of big shops to pick from. Lack of free parking. University probably owns too much land in the centre as well.

What's so good about Sheffield city centre?

Today, um, some offices are there. New Moor market is quite good. CEX, HMV and John Lewis.

In the future, the castle will be opened up.

What's bad about the city centre?

Well, as predicted all those years ago, Meadowhall has it on life support. So lack of big shops to pick from. Lack of free parking. University probably owns too much land in the centre as well.

How many city centres offer free parking in the UK?