Bookshop on West Street

There was a book shop still open on south rd. Walkley in the nineties called if I remember right " Rare and Racy " in the shop window was the address of a town centre branch but cant remember were it was located.

almost on the end of the row of shops directly opposite devonshire green :( recently closed, great shop, bought lps from there since the mid 80s

Yes can remember that shop as AES bought a few pistons and gaskets from there very good service . Was only thinking recently where AES was once based never realised it had changed into a book shop . Can remember Hartley being on Church st

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if Hartley seed once had a bookshop on Division street at the Cole Brothers end,about opposite where John Fanthams barbers used to be, or was it another Bookshop.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if Hartley seed once had a bookshop on Division street at the Cole Brothers end,about opposite where John Fanthams barbers used to be, or was it another Bookshop.

Applebaums?

Applebaums?

Yes thats the name of the shop, very good RiffRaff as I was'nt sure.

almost on the end of the row of shops directly opposite devonshire green :( recently closed, great shop, bought lps from there since the mid 80s

Yes, sadly recently closed. The council gave permission to demolish those shops, so Rare and Racy moved out.

Many thanks to all who replied to my query re bookshop on West Street and it was definitely Hartley Seed.

Andrews must have had an in with the Sheffield Education Committee at some level because that's where the schools sent you for school supplies of different descriptions when I was attending. fleetwood