Neighbours away

I’m not about to get paranoid about our house being broken into when it’s unoccupied. When we are home our little dog makes a racket if anyone as much as opens the front gate. Door and window locks, a patio door slide bar, a concealed safe and a fully comprehensive insurance policy will do for us. :thumbsup:

We had no curtains (apart from in the bedrooms) for a good few months, I'm not sure what that means!

You can't really see into the living room windows from the outside though.

You can't really see into the living room windows from the outside though.

What are they made from? :)

We’ve hardly ever close any of our curtains. I don’t really see the point.

I don’t leave phones/keys etc in sight though.

What are they made from? :)

We’ve hardly ever close any of our curtains. I don’t really see the point.

I don’t leave phones/keys etc in sight though.

Normal windows lol. The house is raised up, from the road you could only really see our ceiling before we got blinds. Even if you walk up to the window you can't see in unless you're ridiculously tall.

It's good to buy one of those light switches that can be controlled remotely via internet. You can switch lamp on/off via internet with phone app from the other side of the world. Same thing can be done for curtains, windows, water etc.

I was on holiday last year and I was speaking to another holidaymaker who had cctv at his house. He was constantly checking it on line and actually receiving texts if there was movement in the garden!

I go away and have a composite front door which you need a wrecking ball to get through, alarm system and good neighbours who have my sons phone number and who only lives 5 minutes away.

There is a car parked on the drive but we never close the curtains.

My insurance is up to date so I go away and don’t worry about the house getting broke in to.

Did you know you can get automatic curtain and blind closing devices? You can also control them by your smart phone.

No-one messes with our cat.

I bet the Tom next door does :)

Did you know you can get automatic curtain and blind closing devices? You can also control them by your smart phone.

Are you advertising?

I bet the Tom next door does :)

He is the Tom next door! If someone broke in we'd find them under the dining table with their entrails strewn about as a warning to the others.