Rotherham's Green bins-will you pay?

I consider It a total rip off given obscene amount of council tax and rates charged.

Well it ain’t free, but it beats the hell out of going to the tip, so I shall continue to use it.

I consider under £50 a year a very cheap alternative to loading up my car with smelly greenery, driving to a council tip, queueing to enter, lugging it to the correct skip, and then driving back and fumigating my car, it gets a 10 from me. :thumbsup:

But it’s a lot cheaper to put it in the black bin, which is what a lot of people now do.

I put my privet trimmings and grass in the black bin, last time I went to the tip I was queuing about 20 minutes on the road to get in.

The tip I use is just inside another council's area so is also used by my council's tax payers.

The council that runs the tip decided to close it as they said it wasn't used very much and had taken a survey to prove it.

The survey was over a short time and at a time that it was know not to be used much.

The outrage at this fiddle was such that the tip remains open and the amount recycled runs in the upper 70's.

But it’s a lot cheaper to put it in the black bin, which is what a lot of people now do.

I manage to fill our green bin to the gunnels, so the black bin is not an option as it is also well used.

The tip I use is just inside another council's area so is also used by my council's tax payers.

I feel that is why it was closed, people using the tip be not paying for it. Leeds now use ID for all their tips, although they rarely have enough staff to enforce it.

Government funding to local councils has been cut by 50% in recent years. The whole recyling and waste disposal is complex, so I dont think it could be a seperate bill.

Well, yes, it would be good if we got the same funding as Westminster.

I put my privet trimmings and grass in the black bin, last time I went to the tip I was queuing about 20 minutes on the road to get in.

Do what I do Ian-wait till it rains. Sure you get a bit wet, but no waiting around wasting diesel or time.

---------- Post added 30-05-2018 at 18:24 ----------

A household of 6 would still have one bin to empty - only one house for the fire brigade to attend to, for example.

So do they really make 6 times the demand on Local Authority services?

With the fire brigade example It is only one house. I figured that it is 6 times the risk.

Not one mention of the possible increase in "Fly tipping" these charges could cause. I'd like to know if fly tipping of garden waste went up when Sheffield introduced charges?

The cost of clearing up a fly tipping area far out ways the extra revenue they receive from charging for the green bins.