Where to buy slate roof tiles

I'm looking to replace the garage roof this summer so please advise if you know where to purchase these at a good price.

Thanks

Well...

I imagine you could get some second-hand ones from Sutties, which is on Abbeydale road, more or less opposite to the Tesco Extra.

The reason I say that is, when we had a new roof on our house we had Mr Suttie come and take all the old roof tiles away. He was supposed to pay me for them, which he did...eventually, but I didn't get much for them. So I imagine he will be selling such things at very cheap prices?

Well...

I imagine you could get some second-hand ones from Sutties, which is on Abbeydale road, more or less opposite to the Tesco Extra.

The reason I say that is, when we had a new roof on our house we had Mr Suttie come and take all the old roof tiles away. He was supposed to pay me for them, which he did...eventually, but I didn't get much for them. So I imagine he will be selling such things at very cheap prices?

It’s actually called Swifties, I use it for the odd roof/ridge tiles, as they always have something of the same age as our roof.

Thanks for the info, I will contact those mentioned.

Well...

Around 75p to £1 each from Swifties when I enquired.

Swifties is the place. Just make sure you have plenty of time when you go down there, you’ll be amazed how much interesting stuff they have in there.

Cheaper to buy new slate.

Spanish or Chinese slate is cheaper new than reclaimed slate.

Try Rinus Roofing on Claywheels Lane or Burton Roofing next to Macro off the Parkway.