Triangle estate, Handsworth 1970's

Do people remember Dr O'Flynn? Lovely bloke old Irish geezer, but a bit intimidating.(I think they knocked his house down to build the Parkway?) his surgery on end of Hall road was where I used to get dragged everytime I was badly. You had more chance of catching something worse from the brochial/hacking crowd in the tiny waiting room before you actually got to see the doc!.

My dad and uncle used to paint/maintain the place for him when it wanted doing up.

Every Saturday morning, Used to cut under Parkway bridge to go to Hamptons or Brown Baileys to watch the footy with dad/mates. One day on Hamptons (c.1974)a load of the Wednesday players were there watching a game, and ended up having a kick-around with them, can you imagine how exciting that was for a 9 year old owl!, dont think anybody at school believed me.

If anybody has any old photo's of the Triangle or surrounding area, from 60's/or 70's era, would appreciate a look.

Mad Pete yeah that brings back memories.

I went in the White Rose the other week, they keep doing it up but it always looks the same.

I am sure the old petrol station will soon be a kosovan car wash. Perhaps the freezer shop will re-open soon, although I bet everything has defrosted by now!!!!

I also lived on this estate Larch Hill i remember all the above , Maple Grove was the road all of us used to hang about on . Played Hide & Seek & Cat Crawling the genells which ran through the estate where great to play on the summers seemed to last forever wish i could be 10 again LOL .

Hello Vicky

did you used to live opposite the Plewes family?, a few houses down from where Larch Hill met Willow Drive?

I think I know who you are, we lived top end of Maple, you were a bit older, but sometimes used to come and play with us. The games of Hide and Seek were legendary, and used to go on for hours

We were always in the street playing football or running past your house to play on the tip, or to go to Hamptons or Brown Bailey's.

Do you remember the orange bread Van that used to go round the estate selling virtually everything?(with about a 5% mark up!).

I walked round the Triangle the other day took a few photo's- not changed that much.

Hi i still cant think who you are did you know a girl called Tracey who lived at the top end of Maple Grove & little Janice who lived on the corner then they was Alan , Ralph ,Brian , Lee ,Julie ,Alison the list goes on &on &on dont like to mention surnames but i can remember then all like it was yesterday & in my minds eye we all look the same as we did way back then lol:hihi:

Just found this site and wanted to ask if anyone remembers me Richard Booth, and my brother Philip. We lived at number 74 Maple Grove between 1955 and 1965, yes you've probably worked out I'm Fifty something now, and I have to say they were the happiest days of my childhood. I went to Athelstan Infants and Juniors and briefly to Brook, but then my father took over a pub in Hackenthorpe. The people I remember most on the Triangle were Graham Mann, Lynn and Carol Ashmore, Jennifer and Michael Goodwin, David and Howard Norris, Denise Porter, Ralph Sherwin, Kenneth Willoughby. Remember also old Dr O'Flynn on Hall Road.

Richard, we lived next door to you at 72- only moved in in 1964 though, so obviously dont remember you. The lady who bought no.74 off you still lives there, as does Graham Mann's ma. and Ralph and Jason Sherwins folks..

You wouldn't be called Murfin by any chance? I think the family that lived at 72 before you were called Cadman.

What lovely memories.

I lived in a two up, two down cottage in Handsworth.

Dr O'Flyn was our doctor and my aunty and uncle lived on the triangle estate . The houses had a … BATHROOM, a luxury to my mum's way of thinking..

I remember the chipshop. Used to walk down Handsworth hill to it.