Almshouses in Norfolk park area ?

Does anyone have any information about the , Shrewsbury Almshouses on Norfolk road , Norfolk Park ? Are they connected to the George Woofindin Almshouses?

My late grandfather lived in one of the almshouses; they were built in the 1820s. Here is a link to the Wikipedia article. I don't know of any connection to the George Woofindin Almshouses.

Edited by hillsbro

Thanks for your reply , Hillsboro . I had read the Wickipedia article before , what I’m interested in is the charity providing the accommodation.

Hello

It is detailed as a charity and the details below

Contact Information

Shrewsbury Hospital Estate

Norfolk Road

Sheffield

S2 2SU

Telephone: 0114-272 6981

The office for Norfolk Alms Houses is on St James Street, it's the Duke of Norfolk estates office. Woolfinden is an entirely different thing, I don't know about now but you had to have lived in the Ecclesall district most if not all your life.

As a young kid used to live almost next door to them on Talbot Place. Used to visit an old man in there who kept a big parrot. That would be in the late '40s.