Can i just say..

---------- Post added 22-06-2018 at 18:25 ----------

[/color]

I talked to Andy today, he wasnt stressed or talking to other owners, management or visitors so i managed to mention what you said lol, he laughed when i mentioned the hygiene inspector, and he remembered Jono when i mentioned the Owls away days, and the sportsman, he did smile

Hygiene inspector - I was going out with the landlords niece at the time. Still together 25 years later.

Away matches - if I remember correctly we stopped at Stamford on the way back from one match. Might have been Spurs! Andy managed to save one of the lads from falling off the bridge into the river. Too much beer that day I think.

Jonno - I think Andy was a good mate of his brother Mark!

Anyway Mel, I am keeping tabs on what is happening up there. Needs to be ready for 1st July I understand. Then you have got the Captain Cooke festival. Hope your job works out. :):)

Bet the ships log is colourful.

Bet the ships log is colourful.

no ship logs yet, theres no running water yet so no toilets :( erm

---------- Post added 25-06-2018 at 17:59 ----------

LOL

Andy was on the ship most of the day today, prolly cos the sea was as still as anything, anyway drolnhoj he walked past me, said Jono and had a wry smile and an inner chuckle lol so its still on his mind.

no ship logs yet, theres no running water yet so no toilets :( erm

---------- Post added 25-06-2018 at 17:59 ----------

LOL

Andy was on the ship most of the day today, prolly cos the sea was as still as anything, anyway drolnhoj he walked past me, said Jono and had a wry smile and an inner chuckle lol so its still on his mind.

Saw the ship today. Was in Whitby briefly to drop my neighbours off for the Northern soul weekend. Had a walk round the harbour for half hour before heading back. Had a tub of whelks for lunch. Looks like it is still being worked on. Impressive sight though.

Saw the ship today. Was in Whitby briefly to drop my neighbours off for the Northern soul weekend. Had a walk round the harbour for half hour before heading back. Had a tub of whelks for lunch. Looks like it is still being worked on. Impressive sight though.

shouldve hung about for a bit, Andy was there quite a bit today, and i had to keep nipping off to untrip the electric lol.

Yeah mental today, we are opening tommorow for the cook weekend but its not 100% finished.

There was

Geordies doing the wall finishing in the kitchen

electricians

joiners

painters

interpretations still doing all the fancy designwork, audio visual stuff, lighting fixtures and all the other fancy stuff (amazing work they do)

Me cleaning as much as i could inbetween the bedlam, the ladies finishing off the gift shop displays and the scaffolding was being installed for the new gantryway to get onboard.

Andy showed round an Australian family early who are going back home tommorow so cant go as part of the proper "experience".

shouldve hung about for a bit, Andy was there quite a bit today, and i had to keep nipping off to untrip the electric lol.

Yeah mental today, we are opening tommorow for the cook weekend but its not 100% finished.

There was

Geordies doing the wall finishing in the kitchen

electricians

joiners

painters

interpretations still doing all the fancy designwork, audio visual stuff, lighting fixtures and all the other fancy stuff (amazing work they do)

Me cleaning as much as i could inbetween the bedlam, the ladies finishing off the gift shop displays and the scaffolding was being installed for the new gantryway to get onboard.

Andy showed round an Australian family early who are going back home tommorow so cant go as part of the proper "experience".

I could see they were having problems with the gantry. There were two official looking gents

in uniform with them. Not sure if they were crew or harbour master staff.

I could see they were having problems with the gantry. There were two official looking gents

in uniform with them. Not sure if they were crew or harbour master staff.

Yeah that was late on, think they were coastguard or harbour blokes, keeping an eye on the gantry being erected, then they got a tour of the ship.

Yeah that was late on, think they were coastguard or harbour blokes, keeping an eye on the gantry being erected, then they got a tour of the ship.

About 2pm when I saw them. Was back home for 4:30.

Time we had an update, how"s it going shipmate..

It's going ok fella, still painting, cleaning behind the scenes, the work boats been busy putting in metal pillars for its new home and a pontoon to make it easier and safer to get on and off. Got told pay days either Thursday or Friday that's a relief, not had any income for a couple of months, this weeks mi 5th week. Also Andy calls me son lol

How are things Mel, busy, any seafaring tales to tell us?