Can i just say..

:thumbsup:

ships moored up and the negative comments are doing overtime on social media from some of the locals lol

Its just like being on here Oo

:hihi::hihi:

Oh dear, somebody on a Whitby group just posted that Princess Anne is going to be in Whitby on August 1st. Thats scary, ill only have been doing the job on the Endeavour a month :o

Oh dear, somebody on a Whitby group just posted that Princess Anne is going to be in Whitby on August 1st. Thats scary, ill only have been doing the job on the Endeavour a month :o

Thank your lucky stars it's not Prince Philip.

WOW more ridiculousness from the dole, sigh..

First the history, ive been on JSA for 7 months, June 5th its stopped (due to me using 178 days of a 182 day limit on contribution based JSA) so they finally (5 days late) sent me a 51 page book to fill in to apply for income based JSA, FIFTY ONE PAGES!!! nothings changed, my details are still on the system. Anyway i was umming and arring about bothering, can i survive a couple of weeks till i start work, and then 4 weeks till i get paid, not sure, maybe......anyway..

soooo ive asked if i can get help off the dole for my first 4 weeks where i wont get paid, i can get bus fares paid (thats around £29 a week i wont have to worry about) BUT theres always a but....i asked about my rent, they do pay it for 4 weeks after i start work BUT........turns out i will have to fill in this 51 page book as as it currently stands, despite still being on "contribution" based JSA and if i carry on job searching / logging and signing on i still receive NI contributions (and not getting paid) BUT...you only get the rent paid for this 4 week period IF you have been on JSA for 6 months or more (check) AND have been on an income based benefit.......sigh.

so i pay into the system, i then use it when needed, and get penalised, whereas those that havent, are fine to carry on Oo

Well done to me, finally got a job (since November) as i dont drive it cut down 90% of positions to apply for as i couldnt physically get to the shifts on time :(

Well if anybodys in the Whitby area during the summer you will find me on the brand new attraction, HMS Bark Endeavour :)

:banana::clap::banana::clap::partyhat:

Mel, so happy for you. Is this the full size replica that Andy Fiddler and partners have bought? I'm sure I know Fidds. Is'nt he from Sheffield originally?

Mel, so happy for you. Is this the full size replica that Andy Fiddler and partners have bought? I'm sure I know Fidds. Is'nt he from Sheffield originally?

LOL

funnily enough i went to a meet and greet of all the crew last night, and it turns out yes hes from handsworth (born in darnall), and i was born in darnall, and "from" woodhouse, as thats where i class as home, also mi uncle lives at richmond and mi auntie lived in a couple of places in handsworth.

Also the other partner Jason is from Gleadless / Woodseats (a property developer) both Wednesday fans too :)

i may be starting early they say so i get earning, off limbo, and stuff needs doing to prepare the ship

LOL

funnily enough i went to a meet and greet of all the crew last night, and it turns out yes hes from handsworth (born in darnall), and i was born in darnall, and "from" woodhouse, as thats where i class as home, also mi uncle lives at richmond and mi auntie lived in a couple of places in handsworth.

Also the other partner Jason is from Gleadless / Woodseats (a property developer) both Wednesday fans too :)

i may be starting early they say so i get earning, off limbo, and stuff needs doing to prepare the ship

Well the Fidds that I knew used to come back to Darnall every so often. If you meet him ask if he used to go in Albert and Sportsman and in the pubs on the cliffe when we had them. Ithink he had a spell at Heathrow or gatwick. If it is the same guy, wish him well, he has done ok!

Yeah hes only owned stuff up here like 6 - 12 years or so (ive been up here longer) he seems cool, easy to approach, treats people decently

Yeah hes only owned stuff up here like 6 - 12 years or so (ive been up here longer) he seems cool, easy to approach, treats people decently

I saw pictures but it is 20+ years since I last saw him. I wasn't a big friend but knew him through my mates.

well, got a phonecall off the other owner Jason, wants me to start on Monday (2 weeks early) helping get the cabins ready etc (cleaning, painting, heavy lifting, carrying etc) so i can tell the dole to swivel :) not filling in the 51 page "book" lol

well, got a phonecall off the other owner Jason, wants me to start on Monday (2 weeks early) helping get the cabins ready etc (cleaning, painting, heavy lifting, carrying etc) so i can tell the dole to swivel :) not filling in the 51 page "book" lol

:clap::clap::clap:

Nice one Mel

:clap::clap::clap:

Nice one Mel

Careful Jane he"s polishing the plank.