Grass Verge need cutting - Sheffield Council

so we cant cut trees down as its enviromnetally bad but we can cut grass and not have wildflowers as its looks untidy regardless of the environmental benefits caused by flowers/insects/plants etc

so we cant cut trees down as its enviromnetally bad but we can cut grass and not have wildflowers as its looks untidy regardless of the environmental benefits caused by flowers/insects/plants etc

No ones talking about mowing Wildflower meadows , we are talking about bog standard grass verges that are only home to dandelions and docks

the cynical might suspect they delay & delay, then cut badly & leave carnage in the hope that local residents will begin to cut them themselves, saving a couple of quid along the way

and the 2ft high grass riddled with dandelions is only really a breeding ground for dog revenge & fly tipping

Edited by dars35

the cynical might suspect they delay & delay, then cut badly & leave carnage in the hope that local residents will begin to cut them themselves, saving a couple of quid along the way

and the 2ft high grass riddled with dandelions is only really a breeding ground for dog revenge & fly tipping

Correct :thumbsup:

Hang on should we not cut our gardens due to wildlife:hihi:;)

I'll use that one later Barmy... if the wife falls for it I'll post back... if not, well I'll probably not be able to

If they'd sown wildflowers into the verges I could understand them being left unmown and they would actually look pretty (and be useful to bees).

However leaving grass to grow 3 feet high then sending someone round to chew it up and leave the cuttings all over the pavements just smacks of saving a few quid.

although its awfull ,at a meeting last night the police said they were winding down the murder at lowedges,BUT they are still trawling through the knee high grassed verges,if these had been cut I presume the job would of been completed 24 hours earlier and saved a huge extra police wage bill,got evidence quicker and let the police get on with other jobs,its a sad day when these events happen,but in this case if the grass had been cut there job would of been easier.

If they'd sown wildflowers into the verges I could understand them being left unmown and they would actually look pretty (and be useful to bees).

However leaving grass to grow 3 feet high then sending someone round to chew it up and leave the cuttings all over the pavements just smacks of saving a few quid.

Agree with you , a few years ago someone , think it was the council ,set a load of wildflower seeds near the bottom of East Bank Rd . when they grew they were beautiful

Pulling out on yew lane is dangerous. Grass is obscuring a clear view

I cut mine, it looks a lot better especially without all the grass left in the road and pavement after I have cleared up. I wonder if someone had an accident in wet conditions due to the grass being on the road what the council would say if they were sued.

the person attempting to sue would lose.