57 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It isn’t a slum and isn’t one of the most dangerous places in the country to live.

I asked why, and your reply is, "it isn't" :hihi: It was ok in the sixties but started to deteriate mid seventies by mid eighties the place was becoming a dump and started to become a very dangerous  place.

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I asked why, and your reply is, "it isn't" :hihi: It was ok in the sixties but started to deteriate mid seventies by mid eighties the place was becoming a dump and started to become a very dangerous  place.

Well it isn’t. 

“slum

noun

a squalid and overcrowded urban street or district inhabited by very poor people.”

nope.

It’s also not one of the most dangerous places to live.

its also 35 years since the mid-80s things have changed.

have you been there recently?

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Well it isn’t. 

“slum

noun

a squalid and overcrowded urban street or district inhabited by very poor people.”

nope.

It’s also not one of the most dangerous places to live.

its also 35 years since the mid-80s things have changed.

have you been there recently?

I drive past it often and try my hardest not to look at it, a depressing eyesore. 

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I drive past it often and try my hardest not to look at it, a depressing eyesore. 

You might hold that opinion - but that doesn’t make it a slum or one of the most dangerous places to live.

Which is a falsehood - as I said at the outset. 

Back on topic now please. 

The thread is about Look North.

Edited by nikki-red

Where do the Beeb unearth LN presenters from?

On Tuesday we had the presenter talking about "COtee" (not CO2) and "GULLimots" (not guillemots). 

Tonight...here she goes again - "Sheffield Hatters are entering a new area... era..."

We can all misread stuff, but the nightly errors of this presenter... time for her be moved on.

Barnsley has just opened its brand new town centre with loads of leisure as well of shopping attractions but was ignored by LN  if it had been Sheffield or Little Weeds the banners would have been well and truly out and flying high. Look North is head and shoulders better than BBC Breakfast with the dreadful Nagger Machete .

Just now, choogling said:

Barnsley has just opened its brand new town centre with loads of leisure as well of shopping attractions but was ignored by LN  if it had been Sheffield or Little Weeds the banners would have been well and truly out and flying high. Look North is head and shoulders better than BBC Breakfast with the dreadful Nagger Machete .sic.

Barnsley new centre is amazing , everything in one traditional location inc Markets , Sheffield town planners should take a look .

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Barnsley new centre is amazing , everything in one traditional location inc Markets , Sheffield town planners should take a look .

Hmmm... :huh:

I think we should send them to somewhere a bit further away than Barnsley... :hihi:

We are going shopping there right now ,as usual we are really looking forward to it. Its head and shoulders a more pleasant experience than dreary Sheffield. A recent change in the parking charges means free parking for shoppers on a Saturday and three hours for £2 in the old station car park ,Sheffield should take note and encourage visitors from out of town to come and spend some money in the city centre.

Just watching Look North,  the silly presenter  Amy Garcia has just come out with most patronising remark I have ever heard,  instead of saying " Euro Vision is now being held in the UK because OF the war in the Ukrane, " she said,  " Euro Vision is now being held in the UK because THERES a war in  the Ukrane, as though viewers didn't already know that,  I think she should be a Childrens Presenter because she talks to the Viewers on Look North as though they are a bunch of kids. :roll: