What are the rules of the Waitrose car park?

Good Morning Sheffield peeps!

So, Waitrose car park. Its for customers only *check* you can park there for up to 2 hours *check*

what are the other rules of the carpark?

If I park my car there do I need to get a chip coin or ticket and then get reimbursed at Waitrose by buying something?

....or....do i not need anything ticket-wise.... but need to buy something from Waitrose to prove i'm a customer? or can I get away with just parking , leaving and then coming back 2 hours later?

How strict is the 2 hour rule (can I go 5 minutes over do you reckon?

This is for a 9.30am - 11.30am weekday type parking time. x

thank you for all your help lovelies! :)

Don"t know about waitrose.. but whenever I go into town I always park at Tesco on spital hill, and walk into town. 4hrs free parking.

Thanks Padders xx I normally just walk into town from nether edge - dont bother with the car...

but for this 1 occassion, I need to a) bring the car and b) park in waitrose or somewhere very close to it / the beer engine area.

Thanks Padders xx I normally just walk into town from nether edge - dont bother with the car...

but for this 1 occassion, I need to a) bring the car and b) park in waitrose or somewhere very close to it / the beer engine area.

Just pay in a car park,no problem then.

They have a car park attendant Who is very keen which is good as far too many people would just park there and not shop making spaces for genuine customers limited so I think its great that it is very well police. I also believe that they now have anpr installed, not 100% if it is in yet but if not will be soon. Another great tool! Free parkingin a town centre is prime and should be policed to prevent people abusing it

They have a car park attendant Who is very keen which is good as far too many people would just park there and not shop making spaces for genuine customers limited so I think its great that it is very well police. I also believe that they now have anpr installed, not 100% if it is in yet but if not will be soon. Another great tool! Free parkingin a town centre is prime and should be policed to prevent people abusing it

That may or may not be the case, but why are the parking companies allowed to make huge amounts of money out of motorists - most of the owners/directors are multi millionaires. To my mind they are no better than muggers.

Wickes car park is always an option.

Guest busdriver1
just pay in a car park,no problem then.

this is sheffield come on

rich ones to the front, poor smegheads to park at the back?

That may or may not be the case, but why are the parking companies allowed to make huge amounts of money out of motorists - most of the owners/directors are multi millionaires. To my mind they are no better than muggers.

They would make no money if everyone played their part and followed the parking instructions, simple as that.

We noticed the other day they have applied for planning permission to install registration recognition cameras

They would make no money if everyone played their part and followed the parking instructions, simple as that.

In practice, private parking companies engage in a whole series of nasty tricks to extract money out of people who believe they're playing by the rules. For example, where you have to enter a registration at the ticket machine, and you type 'O' rather than '0', that's 100 quid, thank you. Or you park one inch over the line because the adjacent car is parked too close? Kerching! Or the ticket machine is out of order? kerching! Or you make two visits to some shops in the same day, but the ANPR cameras only register the first entry and second exit? Kerching! Or you go offsite to a newsagent for a few minutes to get some change for the machine. Kerching! Or you miss the tiny sign which says its only free parking if you enter your registration number at the hotel reception.

Etc etc.