Middlewood road closure may/June 2018

Good evening, sorry for the late reply - i can't use the internet at work.

The signs are at all the tram stops

Not of much use to road users then.

Not of much use to road users then.

No I suppose those ones arent. I'm not sure about signs on the roads as I travel by tram or bus so don't take much notice of traffic signage (too busy reading usually!)

Anyone living on Middlewood Road, walking round like a zombie due to these works that seem to be on-going still!

I don't understand why its taking them so long to replace the tracks in such a tiny area ( directly outside the apartments on Middlewood Road, just up from the Tram terminus) and why oh why, they insist on using the Grinders, Heavy Machinery only after 5pm and throughout the early hours of the morning? Surely it makes more sense to do this type of work throughout the daytime when the majority of the residents are at work, and they have the daylight?

I'm sorry to moan but its really infuriating me now .....

Anyone living on Middlewood Road, walking round like a zombie due to these works that seem to be on-going still!

I don't understand why its taking them so long to replace the tracks in such a tiny area ( directly outside the apartments on Middlewood Road, just up from the Tram terminus) and why oh why, they insist on using the Grinders, Heavy Machinery only after 5pm and throughout the early hours of the morning? Surely it makes more sense to do this type of work throughout the daytime when the majority of the residents are at work, and they have the daylight?

You might argue it is a good thing that they seem to be working during the night (not of course for you of course) as all too often you see road works where they only work between 08.00 and 17.00 on weekdays and even where not necessary the restrictions left in place.

Well it takes as long as it takes i guess..and lets be honest the tram WAS there before these places were built......you can't say you didn't notice

They're presumably working as quick as they can, they don't particularly want to drag it out do they.

They are definitely working through the day as well though, I saw them working yesterday as I passed through.

Beware, the tram replacement bus takes a circular route, meaning that coming out of Sheffield, you have to go to Worrall first before circling back down to Middlewood Road. Much quicker to walk from Hillsborough than get the bus to Leppings Lane. But a pain if you've a lot to carry......

Hello, does anyone know if the road is reopen and the 57's running to Stockbridge or if I will still need to get the tram and sl bus tommorow? Thanks

Hello, does anyone know if the road is reopen and the 57's running to Stockbridge or if I will still need to get the tram and sl bus tommorow? Thanks

It’s supoosed to reopen at 4am tomorrow (Monday).

There will still be a one way traffic light system I believe so may be delays