Stopping neighbour's cannabis smell

Such issues would probably be sorted by the council, as Glennis has said it's just as pungent as cigarette smoke and we don't have droves of people complaining about that.

You shouldn't be able to smell it strongly inside you own home, unless you've got every door and window open or the person is just sat outside blowing smoke in.

Can smell it in my garden from neighbour four doors down , its vile . Also smelt in our living room in the summer . Lets all remember its not the sweet smelling herb from years ago , its the high strength stinking skunk that is being smoked now

Can smell it in my garden from neighbour four doors down , its vile . Also smelt in our living room in the summer . Lets all remember its not the sweet smelling herb from years ago , its the high strength stinking skunk that is being smoked now

That's right. We had this problem once and ended up having to sell up and move because of it. No doubt some will consider that ridiculous but the smell wasn't a fragrant herbal smell that you could ignore or deal with by opening a window, it was a pungent, all pervasive stench that filled the whole house. When we moved, the smell was still ingrained in furniture etc.

Put some Manure in ya garden, it'll be a refreshing change. or better still dump some in the Perps garden. I believe in sharing. :hihi:

Such issues would probably be sorted by the council, as Glennis has said it's just as pungent as cigarette smoke and we don't have droves of people complaining about that.

You shouldn't be able to smell it strongly inside you own home, unless you've got every door and window open or the person is just sat outside blowing smoke in.

I find it more unpleasant than cigarette smoke. Passively inhaling also, I find a little intoxicating (which I don't like), granted I only usually experience that if I'm sat in the same room as a friend who is smoking.

I guess they'd apply same rules as per smoking tobacco (not allowed inside public places). Also, if it's causing a serious smell problem for neighbors, that definitely needs addressing. It seems unfair to expect your neighbours put up with what they consider a continual stench, that may also affect their state of mind.

It seems unfair to expect your neighbours put up with what they consider a continual stench, that may also affect their state of mind.

Indeed, but like I said the council should already have a complaints process for such issues.

I mean it's not like cannabis smoke is the only un-pleasant smell in the entire world??

that may also affect their state of mind.

You might get that if you're sat right next to a smoker, I'd bet vital organs that no such effect could be had from someone in the next garden.

I live in Canada and the government is making it legal to buy marijuana this October. I live in an apartment and I'm hoping no one smokes pot in this building. At the bus stop folks who smoke, smoke up a storm before getting on the bus. Can you imagine stood with one or more people smoking pot? I'll probably get high while waiting for my bus, I'm a senior so it won't take much. :hihi: My grandson said to our daughter that it can't be harmful if the government say it's okay to buy and smoke it. So the daughter wonders what kind of message are they sending our young folk.

It is far more pungent than cigarette smoke and of course usually also contains cigarette smoke.

You can have your doors and windows closed it can still permeate improperly sealed walls ceilings and eaves despite one's best efforts to prevent it.

---------- Post added 24-06-2018 at 15:24 ----------

No, only the possession of it is illegal.

well you have to possess it to use it.

but split all the hairs you like it makes you feel better.

---------- Post added 24-06-2018 at 15:51 ----------

So am I!!! What an utterly-horrendous neighbourhood.

You've got people being physically assaulted up over some cannabis use??

yes one was allegedly but at least he has appeared to have stopped his use of an illegal substance. from a moral standpoint it is of course good that children learn that bad things happen to bad people.... not often enough in the world generally but none the less its reassuring that children are aware about what has allegedly happened in this case.

What sort of utter <removed>hole do you live in??

I don't and its the one junky next to my friend that is what this thread is about which you must know because why would you comment on thread if you had not read it all

Yet it's completely ok to kick this guys teeth in, while the same children you claim to worry for are watching on???

Well I don't think it is and you are sending some very mixed messages.

Also to my knowledge the only witnesses to the alleged assault were the alleged perpetrators . if you know that some children were watching on... on what tv, cctv youtube? whatever then fine but it is news to me.

Quite frankly you should be ashamed of yourself, your utter lack of morals disgusts me.

My morals are not the subject of discussion and fyi i am very comfortable with my morals. Harm or bother nobody if you can help it ...thats one of mine.

Only speaking about something when I know the relevant facts is another ...one you'd do well to adopt.

He's a junky his method of imbibing his illegal substance of choice is bothering others, damaging his own children and illegal. He has also threatened a 60 year old woman who is nearly twice his age.

you don't appear too bothered about his morals.

would you care to explain that?

---------- Post added 24-06-2018 at 16:02 ----------

It's use being legalised would have myriad positive consequences yes.

there is much to be said about the use of cannabis medically and for as far back as the bible apparently. but that use does not include smoking it or geeting off one's head. however much you might like to delude yourself.

I disagree that all alcohol use is categorised as misuse medically.

a user defending a substance the user misuses is fairly typical behaviour.

The NHS specifically talks about misuse in the context of addiction, not social drinking.

I am not going to argue with your personally held opinion besides it is not relevant to the questions raised in the OP

I haven't argued that smoking (not nicotine) is banned in many public places, the same law should apply no matter what substance is smoked. You'll note however that in your own home is not one of those places.

You seem to confuse facts to make your point. Possessing cannabis and smoking it in anywhere including your own home is illegal.

It is also illegal to allow others to posses it in your own home or also your vehicle if the tv programms about celebrity coppers are to be believed

Indeed, but like I said the council should already have a complaints process for such issues.

They don't.

They advise you to contact the police.

They don't.

They advise you to contact the police.

The only way the council will deal with the smoking and smell of cannabis is if any council official or police officer witness the event because they will not believe what any honest law abiding citizens tell them. It's in the new council rules and regs.

My morals are not the subject of discussion and fyi i am very comfortable with my morals.

and what gives you the right to dictate what people can and cannot discuss on here??

you don't appear too bothered about his morals.

would you care to explain that?

Quite simply yours are far worse, quite reprehensible really.

Also to my knowledge the only witnesses to the alleged assault were the alleged perpetrators . if you know that some children were watching on... on what tv, cctv youtube? whatever then fine but it is news to me.

You don't think the kids would realise when their father comes back with a broken nose and a black eye??

You must be even more stupid than you appear!

there is much to be said about the use of cannabis medically and for as far back as the bible apparently. but that use does not include smoking it or geeting off one's head. however much you might like to delude yourself.

Medicinal cannabis can be smoked or vaporised actually.

I opened this thread to try to find a practical means by which to address some issues a friend was being troubled by. The cause of her issues was then and for the forseeable future remains illegal, yet SYP seem unwilling or unable to act.

Sound advice re a practical solution was not offered on here. I have been in receipt of a suggestion from elsewhere. Not cheap but doable.

I would like to thank those that tried to offer real suggestions.

It was not my intention to get into what is and what is not legal or why illegal acts are not sanctioned in compliance with the relevant laws.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Due to some intervention by a persons unknown the junky in question it appearss has been discouraged in a seemingly violent and painful manner. Anyone having an issue with that take it up with them, whoever they are.

It was not me I do not know who it was nor did I witness the alleged incident that seemingly persuaded the junky in question to cease his illegal actions.

Obviously I can neither condone nor condemn what happened to influence his decision to modify his behaviour as I do not have any details of the alleged incident about which to form an opinion.

I would however respectfully request that should someone else in future have issues to address involving illegal activities of others that offered suggestions be practical and focused on finding a solution....

. Which is something Sheffield Forum is usually good at

And preferably responses will not be what seems like petty and trivial knee jerk reactions from what appear to be sympathisers, supporters and/or actual participants of the illegal act in question.

I've better things to do than continue to feed the trolls or try to explain the issue any further to the seemingly deliberately hard of understanding so I won't be any longer responding to comments that are unworthy of response.

Edited by fill
change something

Glad you got some value from the thread fill. May your understanding, warmth and compassion continue to light and guide your way.

Best wishes,