World Cup 2018 thread

Well at least its a win , got to say I thought it was boring had more fun in dentists chair then I listened to the pundits end of game they have got to have been at a different game to what I was watching

England beat Panama, Belgium beat Tunisia.. then England v Belgium will be nothing more than a friendly.

It is normally better to finish on top of your group than second as you generally face a lesser opponent in the knockout rounds. However that is not always the case as some teams just do enough to qualify, then turn it up a notch, a good example of that is Italy in previous WCs.

A good result. At this stage, performance is irrelevant. Before "we" start worrying about how we will cope with the so called better teams, let's just focus on getting onto the knockout stage. If we're lucky ( and good enough) we'll proceed further. Judging by the refereeing performances so far, it doesn't matter how good we are, it only matters if the VAR judges care enough to intervene. Wrestling a player to the floor is a foul, pure and simple. If it is done in the penalty area, it should result in a penalty. If the VAR referees don't have the authority to tell a referee to review a decision, why are they there?

Well at least its a win , got to say I thought it was boring had more fun in dentists chair then I listened to the pundits end of game they have got to have been at a different game to what I was watching

Got to agree,Trippier,Henderson and Kane for his 2 goals,after that a poor performance.

A good result. At this stage, performance is irrelevant. Before "we" start worrying about how we will cope with the so called better teams, let's just focus on getting onto the knockout stage. If we're lucky ( and good enough) we'll proceed further. Judging by the refereeing performances so far, it doesn't matter how good we are, it only matters if the VAR judges care enough to intervene. Wrestling a player to the floor is a foul, pure and simple. If it is done in the penalty area, it should result in a penalty. If the VAR referees don't have the authority to tell a referee to review a decision, why are they there?

Luckily it didn’t cost us this time, there’s been enough publicity about it that surely something will be said to the VAR judges.

England footballers 2.......Tunisian all in wrestlers 1..........job done!

Got to agree,Trippier,Henderson and Kane for his 2 goals,after that a poor performance.

Surely we've got a better option for taking free kicks near the edge of the area than Ashley Young.

Surely we've got a better option for taking free kicks near the edge of the area than Ashley Young.

You'd have thought so, but you look at the team and there isn't!

Well never mind performance which I think was a bit patchy a win is a win . get through this group stage and then we will see what we are made of . Young taking free kicks is a joke . Sterling did nothing to justify a first choice in next game . At least a win and we did keep going till the end. Need to show a lot more quality in front of goal .

Well never mind performance which I think was a bit patchy a win is a win . get through this group stage and then we will see what we are made of . Young taking free kicks is a joke . Sterling did nothing to justify a first choice in next game . At least a win and we did keep going till the end. Need to show a lot more quality in front of goal .[/QUOTE]

Agree, trouble is we ain"t got that quality.

0:3 !!!!!

Don't cry for me Argentinaaaaa