World Cup 2018 thread

First big game on now.....Ronaldo gives Portugal the lead against Spain.

Game on now..Costa 1-1

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 20:45 ----------

Wow....worthy of the final. Ronaldo may be a complete and utter douchebag...but he's got talent

Great game after Dave he's the best.

Fantastic game tonight, brilliant football, entertaining, enjoyed it...

Ronaldo best footballer ever.

Saudi Arabia off to a very promising start in their quest to be "Worst team ever to qualify for the World Cup Finals".

No that belongs to Italy in 1966 :hihi:

No that belongs to Italy in 1966 :hihi:

They did win a group game against Chile though - and didn't North Korea go 3-0 up against Portugal in the quarter final.

Much better game that one than that first one! Saudi are a park team I'm afraid to say - in comparison anyway.

Quality over quantity. I hope FIFA are listening.

Having watch the Spain v Portugal game tonight; playing a high tempo game with unbelievable skill at the same time, I don't want to hear any comments from commentators from either the BBC or ITV suggesting that any of our current England players are world class in their positions.

Having watch the Spain v Portugal game tonight; playing a high tempo game with unbelievable skill at the same time, I don't want to hear any comments from commentators from either the BBC or ITV suggesting that any of our current England players are world class in their positions.

So true Baron..We are not just good enough im afraid..Some of the football played last was simply unbelievable.. we may just manage to get out of our group, then its the big boys... But having said that, who knows, its a funny old game, we might do a Leicester.

Our press bull our lot up and we expect more than they can give.

Talking about Pogba today and Neville says we all know he's got it and mentioned the 2nd half of the Manc Derby,hmmmm £80million for 1 good 2nd half,well worth it.............not

Such skill and talent, including Pepe for best actor for his dive, head injury, and role/rolls.

France have a few feigning for WC Oscars.

Are we getting our excuses in early?

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-players-struggling-sleep-world-cup-base-repino/

I'm sure the FA can spare a few quid for eye masks from the billions they took off Sky & BT. Quick! Nip down to Boots.

The Premier League took the billions, not the FA :P

Two different entities.

The Premier League took the billions, not the FA :P

Two different entities.

If The Premier League wasn't playing under FA affiliation it's teams would not be eligible to play in the FA Cup or it's players play for England , so they are not two different entities. I agree on the billions going to the Premier League but The FA will take some of it I would imagine . The FA is the governing body for all pro football in England including the Premier League. Now the Football League and the Premier League are separately run organisations but the FA covers all of football.