World Cup 2018 thread

yes already talking about moving Walker to a more central position , Weakening our strongest right back position . More in hope that I am looking past the first round . Manager not my choice , fills in well with the higher management . The quality of other teams seems to be much higher than ours but having said that a couple of our players could cause an upset if on their game , lets hope so

get out of group and then get knocked out -Think that's most England can hope for tbf

Alf Ramsey said that he was very fortunate to have three world class players at the top of their respective games, back in 1966. These of course being Banks, B Charlton and Moore, the closest that Southgate has got is Kane and some promising youngsters, but having said that Alf threw in Ball, Peters and Hurst, the rest is history. :cool:

Alf Ramsey said that he was very fortunate to have three world class players at the top of their respective games, back in 1966. These of course being Banks, B Charlton and Moore, the closest that Southgate has got is Kane and some promising youngsters, but having said that Alf threw in Ball, Peters and Hurst, the rest is history. :cool:

I'd add Ray Wilson as a fourth world class player (despite his mistake for Haller's goal in the final).

I'd add Ray Wilson as a fourth world class player (despite his mistake for Haller's goal in the final).

I’m quoting Alf Ramsey, however I do happen to agree with him. :)

I watched the first half of the England v Scotland under 21 semi final last night.

England have two absolutely outstanding players in that team.

The left back especially. Da Silva from Chelsea I think is his name is.

Small and frail but has amazing ball skills and very fast.

If he's not a much better left back than Ashley Young I know nothing about football. What a waste!

The other was Cook in the midfield,very Hoddle like with his passing and skills.

Conte must be on something not to give Silva a game at left back!

Daniel Arzani played 20 minutes last night on the wing against Hungary and wow,what a player.

He is only 19 but has amazing confidence on the ball.

He reminds me so much of Hazard of Chelsea. His first touch and dribbling are world class.

The only decent player the Socceroos have.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Arzani

don’t think England’s up for it ,to be honest I know we have not kicked a ball yet but just can not see us progressing at all ,might get through first stage but that’s it for me,

Edited by jacklev1

Saudi Arabia off to a very promising start in their quest to be "Worst team ever to qualify for the World Cup Finals".

Saudi Arabia off to a very promising start in their quest to be "Worst team ever to qualify for the World Cup Finals".

They were all over Russia in the first ten minutes, then the wheels just came off.

They'd be doing well to finish second in the SPL.