World Cup 2018 thread

England faced reality- what happens when you come up against a REAL team.

It tells no-one anything. Two second XIs played each other, it doesn't really tell us what will happen next. Two things maybe: Loftus-Cheek is worthy of a start and Rose could replace Young if more options needed up front.

It tells no-one anything. Two second XIs played each other, it doesn't really tell us what will happen next. Two things maybe: Loftus-Cheek is worthy of a start and Rose could replace Young if more options needed up front.

Cheek, certainly no Lofthouse.

Cheek, certainly no Lofthouse.

I thought he held the ball well, not afraid to run with it and caused problems for the defence. If he's able to win that many free kicks just outside the box when better strikers are on then that creates some good chances.

I hope this time next Tuesday we are not all wishing we had tried a bit harder today and faced Japan on Monday. Columbia doesn't look to be a bad side, not saying Japan are a piece of cake by any means, but...............

some would say going on who weve previously lost against and won against, losing was the easier run, doing it is a different matter

I watched the game between both their 'B' teams.

Yeah,a bit of a reality check for sure.

The other two were pure and simple Vauxhall Conference level.

Firstly, why Spurs player Dembele is not in Belgium's first 11 is way beyond me.

The guy looks world class - absolutely strolled through the game displaying unbelievably good technique and strength.

For England Danny Rose showed lots of skill. Definitely a better option than Young at left wing back!

Jamie Vardy was for me by far England's best defender - his non stop running at pace when the Belguim defenders had the ball was a real eye opener.

He also set up a great chance for Rashford who appears to be suffering from the 'Sterling Disease' in front of goal.

Alexander Arnold's corners were atrocious. Trippier is better.

McGuire looked class when he came on and his threat from set pieces is huge.

What's up with Stones - he has Tatts on one of his thighs and arms.

I thought he would have known better!

Edited by MAC33

I watched the game between both their 'B' teams.

Yeah,a bit of a reality check for sure.

The other two were pure and simple Vauxhall Conference level.

Firstly, why Spurs player Dembele is not in Belgium's first 11 is way beyond me.

The guy looks world class - absolutely strolled through the game displaying unbelievably good technique and strength.

For England Danny Rose showed lots of skill. Definitely a better option than Young at left wing back!

Jamie Vardy was for me by far England's best defender - his non stop running at pace when the Belguim defenders had the ball was a real eye opener.

He also set up a great chance for Rashford who appears to be suffering from the 'Sterling Disease' in front of goal.

Alexander Arnold's corners were atrocious. Trippier is better.

McGuire looked class when he came on and his threat from set pieces is huge.

What's up with Stones - he has Tatts on one of his thighs and arms.

I thought he would have known better!

Dembele isn't fit and it's long term, he doesn't play 90 minutes for Spurs. Rose was good and won at least 3 free kicks in good positions because he was too fast or tricky for the defenders, although was not great for their goal.

Rose should get nod over Young.

Likes of Dier and Jones should not even have travelled to Russia.

Two second strings that looked very rusty,the score wasnt important the game time was,ok we lost,and generally looked 2nd best but quite easily finished even,Rashford should have buried that chance but hes not match sharp.

Not unduly worried Colombia will be tough opponents,keepers suspect at crosses,you have to starve their foreward players,as poland found to their cost,Southgate will already have that info

Germany get humiliated...

They still have 4 stars above the badge. Will England get half of that this tournament?

Germany get humiliated...

They still have 4 stars above the badge. Will England get half of that this tournament?

It will. But, Colombia is not to be underestimated.

Argentina on the way out, cracking performance from France so far.

Maradona is going Scarface :D