World Cup 2018 thread

I really enjoyed watching Korea celebrate. You'd think they won the cup!

Shame Germany went out... I'm serious... OK, no i'm not. I don't dislike Germany, or Germans in general (I lived there long enough and loved it) I sort of take a dislike to any country that thinks they have a God given right to be in the top 16.

Now to put a few tins in to cool and get the grub on!

......the Master Race march out of the world cup.........what a tragedy!:D

South Korea join the select band of nations that have beaten both Italy AND Germany in the World Cup and in open play too - not after penalties. There is not too many members of that club and which doesn't include England who have never beaten Italy.

South Korea join the select band of nations that have beaten both Italy AND Germany in the World Cup and in open play too - not after penalties. There is not too many members of that club and which doesn't include England who have never beaten Italy.

S Korea has also beaten Spain in the WC (2002 quarterfinals). Italy has also been beaten by North Korea in 1966 lol. Glad England can't play S.Korea, this time around.:hihi:

Edited by Ontarian1981

......the Master Race march out of the world cup.........what a tragedy!:D

The AfD will be crying into their steins :P

---------- Post added 27-06-2018 at 21:35 ----------

I love South Korea!!!

what a team of hero's...

this almost makes up for those cheating Argies scraping thru

watching super-Serbia with baited breath now

Sadly for Spurs fans it won't be enough to get Son out of military service. Fingers crossed they win the Asian Games!

I find it very hard to believe that Leroy Sane would not have made a significant difference to the German attack had he played in all three games.

The margin of qualifying and not are micro.

His sheer speed alone should have been good enough to get him a game in a incredibly bland German attack.

In the first game Germany played against Sweden - Werner their striker had a golden opportunity to lay off a simple ball to one of his team mates for what looked like a tap in - but instead choose to turn and shoot for personal glory!

Brandt the blonde winger was their only player who had had a creative edge to his game - yet he hardly got a run.

Joachim Love selections were the reason Germany failed to qualify.

Brazil were hugely impressive last night against Serbia - dare I say it but they look a shoe in to win the WC.

England with their ability to score at will from set pieces could be their biggest threat.

England,Croatia,Spain,Belguim,France and Argentina look the other contenders.

No I've got nothing against Germans or Germany, I've been there three times and always felt welcomed, it's like Zach said, anyone who thinks they have the automatic gold card through to the knockout stages and especially those teams that the pundits & media just can't help brown-nosing to...

in that list, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy (thankfully not a problem this time round) and Luxembourg

No I've got nothing against Germans or Germany, I've been there three times and always felt welcomed, it's like Zach said, anyone who thinks they have the automatic gold card through to the knockout stages and especially those teams that the pundits & media just can't help brown-nosing to...

in that list, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy (thankfully not a problem this time round) and Luxembourg

Luxembourg? Do you mean the radio station? lol

our first true test will be this Thursday against Belgium. That'll give us some indication of how good we are.

Probably not. Belgium "not bovvered". It'll have to wait until the first knockout round.

Senegal vs Colombia,

Don't know why but I wanted Senegal to win... hey ho, stuff happens.

Now, a question... What's with the GIANT goal keepers gloves? They look like Bother Lee Love!! It's cheating. It's like Murray walking out with a 6 foot round tennis bat!

Yes, yes, I know I'm showing my age but when I was about 12, I did quite like Kenny Everett.

... I'll get mi coat.

The Luxembourg reference may have been slightly tongue in cheek, I was going to offer Vatican City... who genuinely do have a national team...

although I have been to the Luxembourg national stadium...

England faced reality- what happens when you come up against a REAL team.

I hope this time next Tuesday we are not all wishing we had tried a bit harder today and faced Japan on Monday. Columbia doesn't look to be a bad side, not saying Japan are a piece of cake by any means, but...............