Sign in to follow this  

Bosworth's restaurant at Bramall Lane

Not sure if anyone has been to this place, I know it might not work for some of you as it's at a footy ground, but I took my girlfriend there for a meal last night and it was SUPERB! It does what I imagine they call modern English or something like that but it was possibly the nicest meal I've had in Sheffield ever. I was thinking it might just be open for directors on matchday or something but it seems it's open to the general public most dinners and evenings, so we took a chance and it was excellent. I'd bore you with the details but I never actually care what anyone else has eaten so I won't. GO!

I've been and I'd give it a big nine out of ten.

Nice food, plentiful, beautifully arranged and in decent settings (well, I would say that).

I went with my wife, bro' and his g/f. Cost about £175 though about £70 was on wine - which was also very nice.

Definitely worth a try. Do yourself a favour: Forget the ridiculously over-rated Artisan (fka Thyme) and get down to Bosworth's.

Jamie Bosworth is a legend.

Best boss i ever worked for and one of the few genuinely highly skilled chefs in Sheffield!

Yesterday my wife and I had some free time - kid free! - and decided we'd go for lunch at Bosworths. As you'll see above, we'd been before for an evening meal and it was very good indeed.

Well can I just say that if you want unbelievably good food - at lunch time - which is ridiculously cheap, this is the place to go. Most dishes only cost about six or seven pounds and you don't normally eat such good food for so little.

We both had burgers with hand-cut fries and had a few drinks. The bill cost less that £25! Unfortunately, the place was practically empty which is a travesty really.

Good luck to this venture I say.

Finally, afterwards I sat in the South Stand and have to say the ground looks really impressive, geared at last for Premiership Football. The new corner has really improved the ground.

Totally agree Ousetunes - I took my better half for mothers day, and it was absolutley brilliant. I tried to act dead cool and not make it obvious that I wanted to go out into the ground, but did at the end of the meal. Having had a lovely meal, and then looking out onto the ground was great.

Top food, great surroundings and very attentive staff.

Well can I just say that if you want unbelievably good food - at lunch time - which is ridiculously cheap, this is the place to go. Most dishes only cost about six or seven pounds and you don't normally eat such good food for so little.

We both had burgers with hand-cut fries and had a few drinks. The bill cost less that £25! Unfortunately, the place was practically empty which is a travesty really.

Ridiculously cheap? £25 for what was effectively a "Big Mac Meal"???

For £25 I'd expect lunch, dinner, overnight accommodation and a ticket for the next home game!

Ridiculously cheap? £25 for what was effectively a "Big Mac Meal"???

For £25 I'd expect lunch, dinner, overnight accommodation and a ticket for the next home game!

Well I thought so. But to liken it to a 'Big Mac Meal' is rather silly - it couldn't be further away from junk food. IMO £25 IS cheap for lunch, especially with 3 pints and four halves thrown in.

I do agree however that a free ticket or two to a match wouldn't go amiss.