Lunchtime work food

Your cold bacon reference reminds me of a chap many years ago who, if we worked Saturday morning, would bring in cold fish and chips which he had bought Friday night on his way home from the pub. He would sit down with us and eat them stone cold at the mid-morning break, he wouldn't even bother warming them up in the welding rod oven. At least his tea was hot lol. This was not a one-off, he did it every Saturday he worked :gag:

Had too chuckle at that Mr T. Pop em the micro wave.

I still take ham and picalily, yoghurt, biscuit and some fruit - usually a lemon three days a week. Sometimes shove a pack of crisps in bag. Thursday or Friday I'll treat myself to a pork butty from Kings or a best from little cafe on Leverson Street.

Can't be healthy all the time.

My far better half still does me a pack up of 2 breadcakes with different fillings daily ,crisp and a small choc bar/mini pepperami not that healthy but better than buying every day

Had too chuckle at that Mr T. Pop em the micro wave.

Try finding a microwave on a factory floor in the mid-sixties.:D. Lots of places to warm food up in a steelworks though, that lad just liked 'em cold. Another weird one more recently was that a couple of Scottish workmates over here used to warm up scotch pies and put them between two slices of bread and eat them like a sandwich. Apparently, it was a very common habit in Glasgow.

Try finding a microwave on a factory floor in the mid-sixties.:D. Lots of places to warm food up in a steelworks though, that lad just liked 'em cold. Another weird one more recently was that a couple of Scottish workmates over here used to warm up scotch pies and put them between two slices of bread and eat them like a sandwich. Apparently, it was a very common habit in Glasgow.

Don"t they like Hedgehog Sandwiches.

Don"t they like Hedgehog Sandwiches.

I knew a lad who loved porridge sandwiches, but he wasn't a Scot.

I knew a lad who loved porridge sandwiches, but he wasn't a Scot.

So did I . he was in Parkhurst.

So did I . he was in Parkhurst.

Is that where you met him?:hihi::hihi:

I used to work with a tight old so and so who used to bring four slices of cold toast for his snap

What are 'Scotch pies', Mr.T. ?

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 20:35 ----------

Is that where you met him?:hihi::hihi:

I think he's 'Tea pot liddin' Mr. T.

What are 'Scotch pies', Mr.T. ?

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 20:35 ----------

I think he's 'Tea pot liddin' Mr. T.

Scotch Pies are minced sausage meat in a pie crust pastry, bit smaller than a pork pie and usually warmed up often eaten with mushy peas.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Scotch Pies are minced sausage meat in a pie crust pastry, bit smaller than a pork pie and usually warmed up often eaten with mushy peas.

Thank you Mr. T. and you can buy 'Scotch Eggs' near where I live, not worth the money tho'.