Sheffield Parkway road surface

I thought the new MSA was going up at J35? Or did the tree huggers get their way in the end?

Last I heard was that it was to be built on that bit of land between the M1 and Parkway at J33.

Last I heard was that it was to be built on that bit of land between the M1 and Parkway at J33.

Looks like there are plans for both

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/new-front-opened-in-fight-to-prevent-motorway-service-station-being-built-on-ancient-woodland-in-sheffield-1-8944238

Only one of them will be an "official" one with signage, I would have thought. The other one will merely be hoping people see it off the motorway and pull off, like the one down near Bolsover.

Potentially both but i think the one at J33 is now looking more likely.

Is it Rotherhams responsibility to the Handsworth turn off from the M1? Whoever is responsible for it, it is it is a busy dual carriageway and should have a decent surface.

yep.

Do you remember a couple of years back when the Parkway got resurfaced?

The Sheffield council side got done and the Rotherham council side got left out :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 17:35 ----------

Potentially both but i think the one at J33 is now looking more likely.

The access for the one at J35 was abit crappy from what I remember.

The Sheffield bit ends at the railway bridge between the Handsworth and Catcliffe junctions as you head towards the M1. That is where the road surface changes and is also the limit for the respective councils gritting during the winter months. I've seen a Sheffield gritting lorry actually turn of his orange lights and stop spreading grit as he has come up to the railway bridge only to come off at Catcliffe and go back up the other carriageway without spreading any grit to then (and it's only an assumption) start spreading grit again on the inbound carriageway after the railway bridge.

Attercliffe Road from Meadowhalll into the city is almost undrivable now. Not sure what Amey are doing with all the cash for this. Funnily enough, Barnsley's resurfacing project is well under way, with many roads already done.

They seem to be resurfacing roads which aren't even bad first (ie: London Rd, Ecclesall Rd), and leaving the worst roads until last (ie: Chesterfield Rd, Attercliffe Rd) :confused:

Agreed about do the less worse roads first. It's obvious they are doing the easier ones then when the money runs out that Amey has had the contract will be sold to some one else who will no doubt make a loss on it. SCC should have said what roads wanted doing in what priority

That slip road has been bad for several years. It doesn't give a good impression for anyone going to the AMRC or Waverley.

They seem to be resurfacing roads which aren't even bad first (ie: London Rd, Ecclesall Rd), and leaving the worst roads until last (ie: Chesterfield Rd, Attercliffe Rd) :confused:

Ecclesall Road was pretty bad to be fair- especially around the junction with Psalter Lane and the Banner Cross pub.

Chesterfield Road really is atrocious near to Heeley bridge but there is no point resurfacing there until all the work around the area of Lidl is completed

That slip road has been bad for several years. It doesn't give a good impression for anyone going to the AMRC or Waverley.

You do know that they are in Rotherham not Sheffield

Attercliffe Road from Meadowhalll into the city is almost undrivable now. Not sure what Amey are doing with all the cash for this. Funnily enough, Barnsley's resurfacing project is well under way, with many roads already done.

Which Barnsley do you live in?

Certainly can't be the one located in South Yorkshire, north of Sheffield. Towns in Syria have better roads than we do.

You do know that they are in Rotherham not Sheffield

Yes, not sure why you felt the need to bring it up seeing as how i didn't mention Sheffield?