As a Tory voter, are you offended by being called 'Gammon face'?

Its not mock - if you directed it at me face to face my response would be an expletive as its completely wrong to insult someone.

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 11:24 ----------

Still doesn't make it acceptable to insult someone -now i agree criticise their political opinions and persuasions is fine, but to denigrate someones opinion because you don't agree and feel its ok to call them names isn't so.

I don't agree with the snowflake comments either btw,they're just an insult to stop discussion and opinion.

I get what you are saying, that we should all have respect for each other and not offend each other and all get along nice and all that good stuff.

But this is the real world.

Don’t forget that people who voted remain have been on the recieving end of a pretty disgusting and sustained media and social media onslaught.

Poking fun back at the perpetrators of that in an irrelevant and light hearted way is now enough for them to be portrayed as racists and middle aged aged men as the true victims of racism.

Simple request: stop being so precious and get with reality.

The DUP are astonishingly old fashioned and cruel in their mindset. It is to be expected that they would be hypocrites.

But not sure why you would want to emulate any part of what they do by throwing mud back at them? What does this achieve?

I think using 'gammon' as a generic term of abuse is a little childish.....though given members of the DUP have been extremely unpleasant about others, I can see how that sense of frustration they incite in some provokes the name calling. Sometimes people tire of being the 'bigger person,' and need to give a taste of their own medicine.

I think using 'gammon' as a generic term of abuse is a little childish.....though given members of the DUP have been extremely unpleasant about others, I can see how that sense of frustration they incite in some provokes the name calling. Sometimes people tire of being the 'bigger person,' and need to give a taste of their own medicine.

I agree with your sentiment but I think restraint is still by far the better option, both long and short term.

Guest makapaka

To those saying it’s fine - it is - as long as you’re prepared to accept it when it comes the other way.

I get what you are saying, that we should all have respect for each other and not offend each other and all get along nice and all that good stuff.

But this is the real world.

Don’t forget that people who voted remain have been on the recieving end of a pretty disgusting and sustained media and social media onslaught.

Poking fun back at the perpetrators of that in an irrelevant and light hearted way is now enough for them to be portrayed as racists and middle aged aged men as the true victims of racism.

Simple request: stop being so precious and get with reality.

But that wasn't the question.

If someone called me gammon face - i'd be offended. Just as if someone called me stinky or four eyes.

To those saying it’s fine - it is - as long as you’re prepared to accept it when it comes the other way.

The term snowflake has been coming the "other way" for months :roll:

Personally speaking i dont get offended myself, i just hate racist trolls and brexit idiots.

In my minds eye I see Penistone 999 as being a 'gammon faced' individual.
....and obviously old Penis' is going to see you as 'Corbyn faced'..........not sure which one's worse!

....and obviously old Penis' is going to see you as 'Corbyn faced'..........not sure which one's worse!

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

But that wasn't the question.

If someone called me gammon face - i'd be offended. Just as if someone called me stinky or four eyes.

What if you did have a gammon face? They’d just be describing you.

In this world you’ll find that people can be very direct.

And the last people that should be complaining about that are many Brexit supporters. They simply have not held back in voicing whatever they wanted in the last two years.

Turn it back on them and they just melt away. Who are the real snowflakes?

And the last people that should be complaining about that are many Brexit supporters. They simply have not held back in voicing whatever they wanted in the last two years.

.......stop being silly........you are well aware that the overwhelming mass of vitriol has been directed against those who voted leave........you being one of the chief architects on this forum!

I'll just start using "gammon-faced snowflake" so I can insult everyone equally :hihi:

Translation:

Its ok to call a spade a spade.

An eye for eye is A-OK too.

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 12:49 ----------

.......stop being silly........you are well aware that the overwhelming mass of vitriol has been directed against those who voted leave........you being one of the chief architects on this forum!

That was alright because he's right about absolutely everything.