As a Tory voter, are you offended by being called 'Gammon face'?

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

A Prime Minister that was not rich, that would be strange. The mega famous can get paid thousands or millions just to endorse a product or give a speech. Again, its rather a left wing trait to be jealous of rich people.

I personally would rarely use the word 'comrade', maybe that was just for effect.

According to YouGov Profiles, 28% of Britons describe themselves as left-wing and 25% consider themselves right-wing. A further 19% place themselves in the centre and the remaining 29% don’t know.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/08/14/left-wing-vs-right-wing-its-complicated

The bottom one is the most revealing.

Left%20and%20right%20wing%20views-01.png

You conveniently  omitted to mention the fact that he was a lying, scheming individual over the war - even denying the evidence of the 'WMD' task force.

Agree that 'an ex-PM ' who wasn't rich is a bit strange, as that is the way of the world, but nowhere did I say I was jealous of him, merely that a failure shouldn't really profit from their failures - and that applies to both/all sides.

Yes - the 'comrade' comment was for effect - as certain other posters seem too be able to use terms for effect, even if they possibly have no idea what they are talking about.

Having created many, many sets of statistics in my working life, and taken part in 'surveys' I view such things with a rather jaundiced eye - you construct the survey in such a way that the respondents are given a 'yes/no' option and the results are then 'weighted' to achieve the desired outcome.

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

Everyone needs to wake up.

the point of view doesn’t have to be left or right.

it’s what’s right and wrong.

all this gammon/woke/snowflake rubbish is a complete sideshow.

WAKE UP!

Agreed - totally.

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

But "right" could be "Boris is doing his best" to "Boris has acted too slowly, ignored advice and feathered the nests of his friends, and thousands died because of his inactions". Both can't be right.

Agreed again - or they could both be wrong, and the truth somewhere in between.

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

But it’s not because one side are gammons and one side are snowflakes.

that just plays into their hands. It doesn’t have to be binary.

im amazed by the complacency (not yours) but  people need to stop calling each other gammons and snowflakes and think.

And agreed again - but as I said elsewhere, 'politics' these days is like being in a primary school playground .

9 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Don't have the courage of your convictions?

13 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@whiteowl - so whoever 'repurposed' it wasn't even inventive enough not to poach then?

Thanks - and see my answer above.

This made me laugh.

"Which 'clever' individual came up with 'gammon'"?

"Charles Dickens"

"****"

😁

11 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This made me laugh.

"Which 'clever' individual came up with 'gammon'"?

"Charles Dickens"

"****"

😁

Doesn't take much then, does it?

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Oh come on, surely even you can see the funny side to it?

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There was no malice in it, I just thought it was funny - the palpable disappointment at getting that particular answer!

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

There was no malice in it, I just thought it was funny - the palpable disappointment at getting that particular answer!

Who said I was disappointed ? - certainly not not me.

I am a gammon face - I genuinely am. I had to have my face reconstructed after an accident involving a combined harvester many years ago. Medical science & the NHS weren't as amazing then as they are now & they had to rebuild my face with pig flesh & muscle material.

I'm outraged at being called a Tory voter - I'd rather fall in a threshing machine again

I’m not faithful to any political party I’ve voted for all of them over the years. I listen to their manifesto before an election then I decide who to vote for.

However if I was called gammon face because I voted for the Tories it wouldn’t bother me as long as they carried out what they said they would do. 

What’s that saying, sticks and stone may break my bones but................

I'm certainly a gammon face 😠 That afternoon sun is stronger than you think. 

I think the term should be Gammon Flake these days.

I no longer see "Snowflakes" complaining about stuff much nowadays, the only people I generally see whining are of the gammon persuasion.

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

I think the term should be Gammon Flake these days.

I no longer see "Snowflakes" complaining about stuff much nowadays, the only people I generally see whining are of the gammon persuasion.

Kind of like Bacon Bits yeah?