The Wedding thread - Harry & Meghan separate hotels the night before.

there is a rumour that her ex, the Croatian tennis player, was arrested this morning at Windsor and Eton train station for drunk and disorderly. They put him in the cells until it was over and released him without charge.

Thought her mum was great,she seems a very nice women,comedian James Corden was comparing the evening do not many laughs there then.

I have successfully managed to avoid the whole event all day.

Had a quick look at the wedding dress which was the only thing of interest to me. I was underwhelmed to be honest.

I hope they are happy together but their marriage hasn't interested me at all.

Agreed.

Nice that a young couple have got married; but it's hardly the moon landings.

Lots of the women wore those sideways style hats. Good job no one was sitting behind George Clooneys wife as hers was enormous.!

Will someone tell Victoria Beckham to smile please ?

What a beautiful wedding ceremony it turned out to be.

I really enjoyed watching it, I especially liked the music, the gospel choir were great, and so was the sermon the American Bishop gave, but the best part was seeing how happy Harry and

Meghan were.

I enjoyed it too, particularly when the 'Elizabethan Waltz' was played as I haven't heard it for a long time

The commentators deserve a medal for managing to talk rubbish for 4 hours

Just seen the ITN news on ITV+1. Alistair Stewart is still standing outside Windsor Castle on his own.

Everything about it all was beautiful . Brought a tear to my eyes seeing our queen and Prince Philip attending and looking well ( for their age)

Watching.this morning, (you couldn't really get away from it), the speculation as to who would make Meghan Markle's wedding dress. Those commentators in fashion field drafted in suggested the likes of Stell McCartney as a front runner with her ethical, social & vegetarian being perfect & in line with those of Markle.

Theu explained how important the fashion industry is to the UK & how many billions it brings in & how it will be a further boost to the UK industry.

Off to a bad start then, choosing an English designer but French fashion house, Givenchy to design her wedding dress.

Lots of the women wore those sideways style hats. Good job no one was sitting behind George Clooneys wife as hers was enormous.!

Will someone tell Victoria Beckham to smile please ?

Posh only smiles when she has a touch of wind.

Edited by Ontarian1981

there is a rumour that her ex, the Croatian tennis player, was arrested this morning at Windsor and Eton train station for drunk and disorderly. They put him in the cells until it was over and released him without charge.

I'll bet there was a fella or two (or three) in Los Angeles watching the royal wedding on TV, reminiscing about having "dated" Meghan Markle back when she was trying to make it in Hollywood, and laughing that Prince Harry is the gullible idiot to actually put a ring on it. :|

overall verdict :

the guy is a totally minor and utterly inconsequential royal who unlike William, has no chance whatsoever of ever becoming king. That was a totally inappropriate and a gratuitous spectacle. Why don't they spend tens of millions of pounds of public money on the weddings on the 10th in line to the throne, or the 20th, or the 50th as well, if they are ready to spend it on the 6th in line.