The Wedding thread - Harry & Meghan separate hotels the night before.

Google what?

What you're asking me to tell you.

I have been wondering how long what I consider to be two completely incompatible types will manage to get along before their marriage breaks up?

What do others think here? I'd give them perhaps 5 yrs.

Is there any way of doing a poll on these forums?

He's Prince Charles son which makes him high profile.

Some say that is debatable..................

although it wasn't obscene, it was gratuitous and totally not necessary when they had already done it once with William's wedding.

If they'd have got married in an East Grinstead registry office, had bangers and mash at the reception to which they only invited their genuine mates rather than all these pathetic hangers on, and gone off to Tenerife by Easy Jet on their honeymoon I'd have cheered it. The security bill that they expected the British public to be happy about paying, would only have been about £50,000 too then. Bit of a difference, to £30 million.

Thank god its finally over, my Sunday paper had 47 pages devoted to it and this morning a special pull out to save!, that went straight in the bin. The bbc news service went overboard ignoring what ever else was going on, idle journalism at its worst, but typical sloppy news reporting.

What you're asking me to tell you.

Why would I do that when I can ask you?

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 21:15 ----------

I have been wondering how long what I consider to be two completely incompatible types will manage to get along before their marriage breaks up?

What do others think here? I'd give them perhaps 5 yrs.

Is there any way of doing a poll on these forums?

I'm wondering how on earth you think you know them well enough to form an opinion like that.

Did she change dress for the disco and what was or should have been the first dance tune?I can just see the royals all ****** doing the birdy song or agadoo.

Thank god its finally over, my Sunday paper had 47 pages devoted to it and this morning a special pull out to save!, that went straight in the bin. The bbc news service went overboard ignoring what ever else was going on, idle journalism at its worst, but typical sloppy news reporting.

the Palace just haven't shown themselves to be very smart, with this one.

William's wedding in 2011 was a huge success without a doubt. It looks like that emboldened by that success, they thought they could pick further successes up as if off trees and expect the public to keep on paying these huge bills.

it wouldn't have made any difference to the UK or the royal family as an institution or a tourist attraction if they had done the smart thing and downplayed it this time.

they just couldn't resist going in there when they would have done better to hold back.

not for the first time, it is evidence of the Palace's spectacular lack of taste.

Why would I do that when I can ask you?

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 21:15 ----------

I'm wondering how on earth you think you know them well enough to form an opinion like that.

Time will tell. As you said yourself it was my opinion and it was formed on bits and pieces of a vast quantity of information about both of them in the media.

I note you felt unable to wager a guess as to how long the union will last.

the Palace just haven't shown themselves to be very smart, with this one.

William's wedding in 2011 was a huge success without a doubt. It looks like that emboldened by that success, they thought they could pick further successes up as if off trees and expect the public to keep on paying these huge bills.

it wouldn't have made any difference to the UK or the royal family as an institution or a tourist attraction if they had done the smart thing and downplayed it this time.

they just couldn't resist going in there when they would have done better to hold back.

not for the first time, it is evidence of the Palace's spectacular lack of taste.

The UK economy will have benefited from the wedding. The whole Royal family business does help tourism. It was a great decision to choose Windsor as the wedding venue. I thought it was just as success as William's wedding and arguably more so.

---------- Post added 22-05-2018 at 08:44 ----------

Time will tell. As you said yourself it was my opinion and it was formed on bits and pieces of a vast quantity of information about both of them in the media.

I note you felt unable to wager a guess as to how long the union will last.

Most likely because he has no inside knowledge to do so. As least when old washer women say a wedding wont last five minutes, they do actually know one or both the people just married.

Edited by Lockdoctor

49 in my Sunday morning read. Just too much for my taste.

And plenty more since. Overkill.

Others who admire the "Royals" will have a different opinion.

Just to add, all the twaddle of the Royal Family bringing millions into the economy is just plain wrong I think. It's our heritage the visitors to our shores come for, Liz and Phil are just the main Pantomime characters, very very rarely seen by the masses who come here for a visit.

Angel1.

it is not as not as if all the American and Japanese etc, tourists are suddenly going to stop wanting to go to the Trooping of the Colour and Buckingham Palace just because the 6th person in line to the throne, and who is totally unimportant, didn't have a massive wedding.

William's 2011 wedding was a good thing for Britain and it was good because it helped to put the country into people's visibility. The Olympics, was only the next year. The timing, was great.

but this 2018 one was too much. The large overseas audiences that were interested that time, were not so interested, this time. The novelty, was gone.

with the legacy of its previous empire to get over, Britain is always running this risk, of thinking that it is more important, than it really is and how few people in the world today, even know its name compared to before when the empire was at its height.

although it is important to promote Britain they should be more subtle about it and realise that many people across the world just do not really like the idea of a monarchy at all except perhaps as this occasional novelty. They should be careful not to look like they are to ramming the idea down people's throats and I think they came pretty close to crossing that line on Saturday.

Edited by blake