Beware of this scam in S6.

We will agree to disagree on this one then.

Absolutely. ! Would you like your mother to be taken in by this scam ?

Absolutely. ! Would you like your mother to be taken in by this scam ?

Would be a push, given she is dead.

Would be a push, given she is dead.

But what if we didn't know that ;)

Anyone of sound mind taken in by something like that probably deserves to be scammed, in all honesty.

Eavesdropping in pubs?

The thought of that made me chuckle, especially how it'd be referenced in a news article :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Blimey ! Theve quoted my post on SF.! :o

Without permission no doubt!

Without permission no doubt!

Get in line for my autograph sonny! :thumbsup:

We've had callers offering them twice round here in recent weeks. In common with 'scrap men' trying to steal anything that's not nailed down from the garden and all kinds of hard sell door knockers, they tend to go away behind the gate and shut it when the big barking german shepherd comes out to tell them in no uncertain terms to go away.

I like her way of dealing with them; it saves me from having to tell them to sling their hooks. I don't buy from the doorstep, ever.

try this one sea gulls for sale on the sea front half a crown,buy now and pick anyone you want,ha ha the old ones are the best,yet another one,but at least the sea gull idea was only a joke.these mattresses could kill,often re-upholstered old springs or toxic foam

Had a guy up S6 Hillsborough claiming he'd been painting the exterior of a local house and had some paint left. Would I want my rendering patching up, would only take a few hours?

Though he was wearing overalls covered in paint, I could not see his company vehicle or had any knowledge of anyone on the street having work done.

He didn't understand any part of the simple word - NO!!!

Had a guy up S6 Hillsborough claiming he'd been painting the exterior of a local house and had some paint left. Would I want my rendering patching up, would only take a few hours?

Though he was wearing overalls covered in paint, I could not see his company vehicle or had any knowledge of anyone on the street having work done.

He didn't understand any part of the simple word - NO!!!

During the last two weeks I’ve had a man who says he’s from Whitby selling fresh fish. (£39) per pack, and a man with ladders on an open truck telling me that I have some roof tiles missing and do I want them replacing !

What’s up with S6 ? The scammers sure love it ! :roll:

During the last two weeks I’ve had a man who says he’s from Whitby selling fresh fish. (£39) per pack, and a man with ladders on an open truck telling me that I have some roof tiles missing and do I want them replacing !

What’s up with S6 ? The scammers sure love it ! :roll:

I would imagine its the same everywhere.