Can't pay Sheffield council tax by direct debit!!

I have tried signing up for direct debit payments about 10 times now on the SCC site, each time it says it has been done and i even get an email thats says

"Your direct debit application has been received."

but when i log back in the payment method remains as Cash/cheque 1st month, is anyone else having the same problem??

I have tried calling SCC but they never answer

I have sent emails but they havent responded

Its been 3 weeks now :mad:

Useless, though I suppose if you didn't pay at all they would contact you.

guess so, i have done all i can and have proof that i have set up the DD from my side

Check with your bank to see if the D/D mandate has been set up?

I can see this next post coming up....

SCC set my DD up eighteen times and have emptied my bank account....

I have tried signing up for direct debit payments about 10 times now on the SCC site, each time it says it has been done and i even get an email thats says

"Your direct debit application has been received."

but when i log back in the payment method remains as Cash/cheque 1st month, is anyone else having the same problem??

I have tried calling SCC but they never answer

I have sent emails but they havent responded

Its been 3 weeks now

Ah, but you must have set it up right at the end of April: perhaps too late for a 1 May payment.

I'd expect that the first DD will be on or about 1 June.

Fun fact: if you are in arrears then set up a payment plan and then pay more than you agreed, they summons you to court and add costs. They are hopeless.

Fun fact: if you are in arrears then set up a payment plan and then pay more than you agreed, they summons you to court and add costs. They are hopeless.

And any judge in the land would throw the case out if you have proof a payment plan was agreed to and you were sticking to it.

Trying to get in touch on the phone is hopeless as well. 10 mins + on a queue...then you finally get through and they say they'll transfer you to another department....which doesn't answer in 5 seconds so just drops you right back to when you rang up and have to sit in a queue again.

And any judge in the land would throw the case out if you have proof a payment plan was agreed to and you were sticking to it.

Well of course, but that's not really the point. Costs would be incurred and SCC would have to pay them - because someone over-paid. And that's not even going into the utter incompetence that leads to the summons in the first place.

I paid my rent for years manually over the phone every week until I set up a direct debit. The downside was I no longer had the free Christmas week.

I can see this next post coming up....

not...