IVES family ancestors/descendants

Hi, I'm an aussie trying to find info on the IVES family from Sheffield, who were originally from Darnall in the early 1800s. Does anybody have any info or pictures to share ? I'd love to hear from you as I'm in Australia, which makes it a little tricky with regard to popping in to your local library ... :-)

Not many Ives around,

1861 Census index

IVES Robert 16 YKS Cumberworth 3461 99

IVES Henry 30 NFK Overton St John 3492 68F

IVES James 3 YKS Sheffield 3468 77B

Attercliffe Christ Church burials

IVES Ethel 11 Sep 1898 2ct Chapel St 1m

IVES John 22 Jul 1813 Wicker 11m so John(fork

IVES Mary 10 Mar 1822 Wicker 2

IVES Mary Hannah 14 Jan 1857 Attercliffe inf

Attercliffe municipal

IVES Ann Amelia 29 MAY 1879 6m dau of S. 93 Broad St Sheffield A1048n.c.

IVES Emily 27 Feb 1880 4m infant Blast La Sheffielf Pk B603nc

IVES Joshua 28 Jun 1870 9m inf Bridge St Attercliffe A1048nc

IVES Lilly 19 Aug 1884 6w dau of Samuel 26 Thomas Street Ecclesall A1048nc

IVES Martha 8 Dec 1877 11m dau of Samuel 93 Broad Street Park Sheffield A 1048nc

St John Park

IVES John 29 Dec 1861 14 Cricket Rd 19

St Philip's

IVES George 29 Nov 1866 Owlerton 1+ so Benjamin

IVES Martha 7 Aug 1876 Owlerton 42 wi Benjamin

That's brilliant, thanks, where did you find all that info in such a short time ?

Hi, I'm an aussie trying to find info on the IVES family from Sheffield, who were originally from Darnall in the early 1800s. Does anybody have any info or pictures to share ? I'd love to hear from you as I'm in Australia, which makes it a little tricky with regard to popping in to your local library ... :-)
Rodger Ives was my playmate in the 40's and 50's he will be about 67 years old today..... he had two older brothers one was called "Byron" and the other "Gordon"..His Father I believe was called "Cyril" The family lived on Bellhouse Road in Shiregreen.

I lived near to a family called Ives when I was younger. Stan Ives died but his wife is still living there.

hazel

That's terrible Don, so bad I laughed

hazel

I am descended from the Ives family in Darnall. My maternal Grandmother was Alderman Mrs Alice Ives, wife of Oscar Ives. They lived on Studley Road in Darnall before moving to the Bowden Wood estate in their later years. I have a relative who is researching the family and producing a family tree and history. If you can let me have an email address or any contact details, I will try and put you in touch. What's your connection with the Ives Family.

hi I am tracing family tree for Ives. I have oscar Ives born 1888 parents were henry born about 1842 in Thurlstone near Penistone between Sheffield and Barnsley and sarah ann born about 1849 at Hollingworth Derbyshire, other siblings Thomas 1866, Mary Ann 1870, Harriet 1872, Nellie 1874 , Martha 1876, John 1870 and George 1880.

John, Oscar and George moved to Darnall just after 1901, George has a daughter still living Nellie who is 102 years young.My great grandad was Oscar. Therr is an uncle who married my auntie Hilda nee Ives, he is now a widower but helps with the family tree and he is 90. Hopes this is a help.

I am descended from the Ives family in Darnall. My maternal Grandmother was Alderman Mrs Alice Ives, wife of Oscar Ives. They lived on Studley Road in Darnall before moving to the Bowden Wood estate in their later years. I have a relative who is researching the family and producing a family tree and history. If you can let me have an email address or any contact details, I will try and put you in touch. What's your connection with the Ives Family.

me too alice was my great grandma hello how are you today

me too alice was my great grandma hello how are you today

Well, fancy meeting you here.

Uncle Bob

Not many Ives around,

1861 Census index

IVES Robert 16 YKS Cumberworth 3461 99

IVES Henry 30 NFK Overton St John 3492 68F

IVES James 3 YKS Sheffield 3468 77B

Attercliffe Christ Church burials

IVES Ethel 11 Sep 1898 2ct Chapel St 1m

IVES John 22 Jul 1813 Wicker 11m so John(fork

IVES Mary 10 Mar 1822 Wicker 2

IVES Mary Hannah 14 Jan 1857 Attercliffe inf

Attercliffe municipal

IVES Ann Amelia 29 MAY 1879 6m dau of S. 93 Broad St Sheffield A1048n.c.

IVES Emily 27 Feb 1880 4m infant Blast La Sheffielf Pk B603nc

IVES Joshua 28 Jun 1870 9m inf Bridge St Attercliffe A1048nc

IVES Lilly 19 Aug 1884 6w dau of Samuel 26 Thomas Street Ecclesall A1048nc

IVES Martha 8 Dec 1877 11m dau of Samuel 93 Broad Street Park Sheffield A 1048nc

St John Park

IVES John 29 Dec 1861 14 Cricket Rd 19

St Philip's

IVES George 29 Nov 1866 Owlerton 1+ so Benjamin

IVES Martha 7 Aug 1876 Owlerton 42 wi Benjamin

hi thanks for this I am also researching ives family this may tie in. Are you doing a family tree or just a helpfull type.

Going to family history fair in york this saturday.

See you later bye