Recycling facility - Tesco, Abbeydale Road

I use this facility on a regular basis, convenient from where I live.

However, not for much longer I fear, because the scum of society around there dump everything they shouldn't.

For sure, Tesco will close down the facility.

Went down today, 3 large and smelly mattresses dumped plus a load of other objects which should have gone to a dump it.

In the past I have seen laminate flooring, baths and toilets dumped there.

However much you think about the situation, it's impossible to understand their way of living, part of the <removed> society.

Edited by nikki-red

Sadly, Runningman, I have to agree with you - it appears that a significant minority are plain lazy.

Even worse than the situation at Tesco, we currently have a situation at the end of our lane where some very lazy idiot is depositing large items - trampolines, bikes, running machines on a Sunday night. Not caught them yet, but if I do, choice words will be said.

The site at Infirmary Road had to be removed for this reason they are not an alternative for council summit sites

I use this facility on a regular basis, convenient from where I live.

However, not for much longer I fear, because the scum of society around there dump everything they shouldn't.

For sure, Tesco will close down the facility.

Went down today, 3 large and smelly mattresses dumped plus a load of other objects which should have gone to a dump it.

In the past I have seen laminate flooring, baths and toilets dumped there.

However much you think about the situation, it's impossible to understand their way of living, part of the <removed> society.

I agree with you, but on the plus side they have made the effort, probably think its OK, just as easy to take it to the dump it.. at least they have"nt fly tipped it.

I agree with you, but on the plus side they have made the effort, probably think its OK, just as easy to take it to the dump it.. .

I'm not defending them, but if they don't have access to a car to take it to the local tip, like many don't, then they would have to pay £20 or whatever for the bin men to take the stuff away. That is a lot of money for some people.

I'm not defending them, but if they don't have access to a car to take it to the local tip, like many don't, then they would have to pay £20 or whatever for the bin men to take the stuff away. That is a lot of money for some people.

They've had access to something to take it to the Tesco site - so why not take it to the tip via the same means?:(

I agree with you, but on the plus side they have made the effort, probably think its OK, just as easy to take it to the dump it.. at least they have"nt fly tipped it.

It's still considered as fly tipping even in a recycling area. We have had several successful prosecutions of people dumping in the recycling area in Stannington.

It's still considered as fly tipping even in a recycling area. We have had several successful prosecutions of people dumping in the recycling area in Stannington.

They should try this in Firth Park. They'd make a fortune.

Tesco has camera controlled parking at their Abbeydale Road site - surely they would have been captured on CCTV.

They've had access to something to take it to the Tesco site - so why not take it to the tip via the same means?:(

This, it didn't bloody fly there itself, someone's taken it down there in a vehicle.

Bone idle and bloody lazy, I wonder if the CCTV is good enough to catch the people who did it?

I doubt they have driven it around in a vehicle unless they are totally stupid.

The rubbish is probably from a nearby house of multiple occupation and a couple of the multiple occupiers have probably carried it round and dumped it late at night when nobody is around.