Fox & Duck Broomhill

Bermondsey Pub Company (i.e. Enterprise Inns managed).

In terms of the actual person, don't know. They have confirmed that the policy of the last 30-odd years of people being able to bring their own food has been scrapped :rolleyes:

Guest makapaka
In terms of the actual person, don't know. They have confirmed that the policy of the last 30-odd years of people being able to bring their own food has been scrapped :rolleyes:

That policy wasn't 30 years old. More like 10.

It's also a good thing that the policy has been canned in my mind. I never really enjoyed having a pint with 4 students all sat round a stinking pizza with a glass of coke between all of them................

That policy wasn't 30 years old. More like 10.

It's also a good thing that the policy has been canned in my mind. I never really enjoyed having a pint with 4 students all sat round a stinking pizza with a glass of coke between all of them................

Well they had the policy of bring your own food in 1991. More like 27 .

Guest makapaka
Well they had the policy of bring your own food in 1991. More like 27 .

Maybe they did - it certainly want maintained throughout though. I remember them bringing it in when the landlord John left which was probably 10 years ago.

Maybe they did - it certainly want maintained throughout though. I remember them bringing it in when the landlord John left which was probably 10 years ago.

I remember it from when I first came to Sheff as a student in '97.

Anyway, the locals who went in didn't seem to mind the students and their "stinking" pizzas.

Passed by there last night, it's looking very smart outside and in. The manager came out and spoke to me, she said they're getting various Thornbridge keg beers in, in addition to having 5 casks (there was a couple of Kelham Island and one D**m B*r on so far).

Now now. Play nice. Just accept that the poster saying it was 30 years old had a valid point. Was John a stocky bearded chap? If so, he was the licensee in 1991 and was in charge of the policy. The pub was run by Sheffield University Student Union as a managed house under lease from Inntrepreneur. The bring your own food policy was encouraged.

According to their twitter they will be serving bar snacks in dimpled tankards along with burgers and dogs. Altogether now.."We Want Plates!"

According to their twitter they will be serving bar snacks in dimpled tankards along with burgers and dogs. Altogether now.."We Want Plates!"

Sounds like they saw M&B pubs "Chip Tanks" and thought great! - so you cannot see just how little you get!

looking at the pictures they have 5 ale pumps now, some were Thornbridge, Kelham Island, Bradfield - Farmers Blonde and Doombar.

Keg had some Thornbridge on.

have 10% discount for Students and NHS staff.

Its not saying to me "rush back and pay a visit".

I'll go because I'm a regular in Broomhill anyway and don't mind Thornbridge for a casual drink.

On a side note, I popped into the Bloomery last week and was quite pleasantly surprised to find Cocoa Wonderland on keg in there along with a couple of Sierra Nevada ales, along with Abbeydale Heathen.

What is Broomhill like for drinking these days. been a few years since I have been?

What is Broomhill like for drinking these days. been a few years since I have been?

Micropub The Itchy Pig is nice. The York is quite food orientated but had a good beer selection last time I was in. I liked Little Critters at the Fox and Duck so am sad to see that change.

Haven't been to South Sea, Nottingham House or Broomhill Tav for over 20 years.