Do traffic lights change quicker nowadays?

Am I imagining it or do traffic lights change more quickly from go to stop than they used to?Once upon a time when lights were on green they would change to amber,stay on amber for a short time,then change to red.Now many of them appear to change straight from green to red with just a quick flash of the amber.These also always seem to be fitted with a camera so I am wondering if it is purposely done to catch drivers going through on red and therefore extract more money from the long suffering motorist.

nope, just a sign of middle age - everything was bigger and slower in my youth - I mean what happened to Wagon Wheels? Used to be as big as a dinner plate

The traffic lights in the Wicker at the junction with Derick Dooley way are the quickest I know.Lucky to get two buses through before they change

It's called getting old and it happens to all of us.

It seems that way because the old lights were analogue and took time to warm up... cough..

These also always seem to be fitted with a camera so I am wondering if it is purposely done to catch drivers going through on red and therefore extract more money from the long suffering motorist.
Think you might be confusing that with the detector for triggering the lights.

It seems that way because the old lights were analogue and took time to warm up... cough..

I think there is another thread somewhere about led delay!!! :)

Am I imagining it or do traffic lights change more quickly from go to stop than they used to?Once upon a time when lights were on green they would change to amber,stay on amber for a short time,then change to red.Now many of them appear to change straight from green to red with just a quick flash of the amber.These also always seem to be fitted with a camera so I am wondering if it is purposely done to catch drivers going through on red and therefore extract more money from the long suffering motorist.

What suffering do motorists have to endure exactly?

I feel sorry for PCV and HGV drivers particularly because they aren't really at amber for long enough.

Inside City boundaries it would be no surprise that traffic light sequence is manipulated against the motorist. After all there is a purge on the internal combustion engine and it's perceived pollution. What better idea than to try and deter the motorist from driving in the city center by making the journey a right old pain in the arras.

Angel1.

Inside City boundaries it would be no surprise that traffic light sequence is manipulated against the motorist. After all there is a purge on the internal combustion engine and it's perceived pollution. What better idea than to try and deter the motorist from driving in the city center by making the journey a right old pain in the arras.

Angel1.

I had a person who worked in the traffic management tell me exactly that several years ago when i complained about a traffic light taking over a minute to change.He told me off the record that a lot of politics got in the way of efficiency,make of that what you will.