Whats the worst roundabout In Sheffield

Magic Roundabout - swindon

https://goo.gl/maps/He8iUSZuBd82

Go to streetview for a close up

If I remember correctly, the idea at Brook Hill was to experiment with several different designs -

The magic roundabout,

A small central island with lots of lanes around it, and

A large central island with just two lanes around it.

Brook Hill and Meadowhead.

Guest busdriver1

Hemel Hempstead

Map

Roundabouts would be so much easier if people would just indicate correctly. I've noticed a growing fashion for indicating right when leaving the roundabout, what's that about? It's not how I was taught to drive.

Brook Hill, especially when approaching from Bolsover St. Traffic blocks the exit frequently, nicely timed to coincide with the break in traffic from Brook Hill, meaning it can take a long time to have any chance of entering the roundabout

Graves park makes me dizzy sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brook Hill has the most accidents. Tinsley Viaduct one is prettty bad, awfully conflicting road markings. I don't find Park Square roundabout too bad, but then, I don't use it much at peak times.

Brook Hill, especially when approaching from Bolsover St. Traffic blocks the exit frequently, nicely timed to coincide with the break in traffic from Brook Hill, meaning it can take a long time to have any chance of entering the roundabout

I’d agree with that. I regularly enter from Netherthorpe road and Brook Hill and I notice that traffic entering from Bolsover street is at a disadvantage due to the pedestrian crossing on the Netherthorpe road exit causing a jam and blocking all lanes as soon as traffic from Bolsover street tries to join.

So traffic entering from Bolsover street has to join the roundabout quickly whenever a gap appears, often cutting up vehicles coming down Brook Hill, meaning traffic joining from Netherthorpe road has to join even quicker, making it more dangerous for everyone :help:

I’d agree with that. I regularly enter from Netherthorpe road and Brook Hill and I notice that traffic entering from Bolsover street is at a disadvantage due to the pedestrian crossing on the Netherthorpe road exit causing a jam and blocking all lanes as soon as traffic from Bolsover street tries to join.

So traffic entering from Bolsover street has to join the roundabout quickly whenever a gap appears, often cutting up vehicles coming down Brook Hill, meaning traffic joining from Netherthorpe road has to join even quicker, making it more dangerous for everyone :help:

There are "keep clear" road markings and boxes to try and allow drivers to emerge from Brook Hill (westbound) and Netherthorpe Road - but they're not always obeyed. Even so, they are complied with enough to make it worth doing.

I wonder why they don't do the same for the other junctions. Unless it is that the junctions are so close together that the "keep clear" sections would take up so much of the road that there wouldn't be enough road left where the traffic could wait.

Magic Roundabout - swindon

https://goo.gl/maps/He8iUSZuBd82

Go to streetview for a close up

The first time i approached that roundabout as i came upon the sign for it i actually stopped on the road, i had never heard of it and needed a few seconds to take in what i was seeing. I thought - haven't a clue press on and hope for the best.

Its actually very user friendly once you get over the shock of seeing the sign, you can basically get any where from anywhere so i would describe it as mistake tolerant.

Years ago had several near misses at the one at the top of Corporation Street. Driving past the Law Courts to the roundabout there were 3 lanes the left for turning left, the middle for left and straight on and the third for going down Corporation Street. Had near misses with people in the left lane trying to go straight across when I was turning left using the middle lane. No idea if it is still the same now haven't been on there for a long time.

Not a difficult roundabout but when heading out of Sheffield on the A61 the Tankersley rb has an alarming number of people pulling out of the petrol station exit in front of cars continuing down the a61. Yes, the left hand lane can be used for the third exit, and no, its not complicated.