The Swallows Are Back!!

Seen 3 handsworth just now are they a bit late this year ?

And noticed just as it’s going dark we have a couple of bats not sure what type they are

Talking about bats when I purchased the land to do a self build in 1980 two gardens across from me was an old dilapidated building housing a couple of horses!.In this old place bats were roosting and when they appeared at twilight it was like Heathrow Airport round the area there was dozens of them zooming about catching insects!. I used to watch them every night until a few years later the building collapsed was cleared away and I haven,t seen one since even though I look for them now and then!.I have toyed with the idea of building a bat box and fix it to the house gable to entice them back,when I get round to it!.

Old tup I have sent you a PM.

Grannypat

There is quite a few nesting under gutters on Rockley Rd, just off Middlewood Rd, great sight watching them zip around catching insects..

A few were zooming about on Woodhouse Washlands this morning.