Construction on Pye Bank

Guest makapaka

Was driving down towards shalesmoor and noticed a large steel frame going up near where pye bank flats used to be.

Does anyone know what this is going to be?

New secondary and 6 form

Guest makapaka

Thanks for that.

Someone told me the other day that this school will have 16,000 pupils in it. :)

They then corrected it to 1,600 - which still seems a lot, but fair enough. Anyone know if that's correct?

Someone told me the other day that this school will have 16,000 pupils in it. :)

They then corrected it to 1,600 - which still seems a lot, but fair enough. Anyone know if that's correct?

no, no, having lived in the area for a year or two, I can say that 16,000 pupil places may soon be required after all :)

It will also include a primary school and nursery in the old Pye Bank School building

no, no, having lived in the area for a year or two, I can say that 16,000 pupil places may soon be required after all :)

we moved out of those flats in 1976, best move ever, the area was in decline even then with "special needs families " taking over, car crime rampant etc.we moved to the rural town of Stocksbridge and have lived here happily ever since. We paid a return visit a few years ago quite an eye opener ,hope the new school is a success .PS the wife went to Pye Bank school.

It will also include a primary school and nursery in the old Pye Bank School building

A lovely and well-proportioned building, to my untrained eye.

a while since an urban explorer posted a short video of the inside damage to the fine old place.

Edited by choogling

Someone agrees with you, cos it's listed. I guess a lot of us of a certain age went to primary schools very much like Pye Bank

Someone agrees with you, cos it's listed. I guess a lot of us of a certain age went to primary schools very much like Pye Bank