SWFC transfer rumours summer 2018

Yes I've edited it, loaning their record signing out what a bad move buying him was. a massive gamble gone pear shaped.

You have to be willing to make mistakes to progress. It looks like a mistake we move on, BUT with the player option to take him back if things improve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjker

Yes I've edited it, loaning their record signing out what a bad move buying him was. a massive gamble gone pear shaped.

On the positive side of this loan, if Rhodes does get his touch back and I feel that he will, he is still under contract and could come back at the end of the season. If he has a good season then his value will probably rise. Wednesday could get their outlay for him back or even more, especially when you see the money being thrown about ie Madine £6m.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjker

On the positive side of this loan, if Rhodes does get his touch back and I feel that he will, he is still under contract and could come back at the end of the season. If he has a good season then his value will probably rise. Wednesday could get their outlay for him back or even more, especially when you see the money being thrown about ie Madine £6m.

I think there is an option to buy and a fee agreed, so his performances will not affect his value.

Selling him outright wouldn’t help much with FFP anyway. Getting the 1.5m loan fee and hefty wage contribution will be just as useful as an outright sale, and we still own the player.

Sheffield Wednesday striker Steven Fletcher has been linked with a surprise move abroad to Greece to join Panathinaikos, according to Greek news source*Hellas Football.

http://the72.co.uk/109477/sheffield-wednesday-ace-linked-shock-move-greece/

Although not directly related to Sheffield football reading Milan Mandaric has had an offer for Villa knocked back.

Edited by iansheff

if theres an opportunity to get fletchers wage off the wage bill then we should take it

Sheffield Wednesday striker Steven Fletcher has been linked with a surprise move abroad to Greece to join Panathinaikos, according to Greek news source*Hellas Football.

http://the72.co.uk/109477/sheffield-wednesday-ace-linked-shock-move-greece/

Although not directly related to Sheffield football reading Milan Mandaric has had an offer for Villa knocked back.

Hope it happens, overrated underachieving striker for the Owls :wave::wave:

Jos, has now made it clear that he want,s a squad of 24/25 players, and in that case we are going to be making players available for transfer. I have know doubt that some of who we rate as first names on the teamsheet will be open for offers due to there injury records, even though they are fit for selection at this time. You need players who you know are up for selection 90% of the time unless a serious injury occurs, so if these offers do come in then i personally would consider offers for them. If an acceptable offer came in for any of these i feel we should let them go. Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Jones, Lee, Abdi, Fletcher , and Winnall. It may seem a bit harsh but if we are going to be competitive serious decisions have to made.

Edited by ALAN 58

Jos, has now made it clear that he want,s a squad of 24/25 players, and in that case we are going to be making players available for transfer. I have know doubt that some of who we rate as first names on the teamsheet will be open for offers due to there injury records, even though they are fit for selection at this time. You need players who you know are up for selection 90% of the time unless a serious injury occurs, so if these offers do come in then i personally would consider offers for them. If an acceptable offer came in for any of these i feel we should let them go. Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Jones, Lee, Abdi, Fletcher , and Winnall. It may seem a bit harsh but if we are going to be competitive serious decisions have to made.

Totally agree, you can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs .

if theres an opportunity to get fletchers wage off the wage bill then we should take it

That would suit him down to the ground, a nice little earner somewhere in the sun, how nice for him!.

I'm a bit concerned players going out but no players coming in , in key areas the squad needs , I understand Kit and ticket prices went up because of Good players/wages we had etc , So if The under23s are going to be played that's good but why Prices still High ?

we could do with a top full back and a midfield player to help bannon