Stannington Road gridlock today (9/5/18)

Go on then what the hell was all that about around 3pm? total gridlock!

It was the funeral of the owner of Stanwood Chip shop. Lots of Volvos in the procession- I understand he was a Volvo enthusiast, so lots of the car owners followed on. RIP.

That's very sad news! He was a lovely, very friendly man.

I saw a guy in a Volvo parked in the road blocking the traffic, I thought it didn't look like RTA, it looked like he was waiting for something. It was gridlock everywhere, it made me very late for something I was going to.

Hmm, mixed feelings on this to be honest.

It was a huge convoy mostly Volvo's all with indicators flashing passing through Hillsborough behind the cortege.

I'm sure people will understand this and allow the man and his family to delay people on his last ever journey.

A journey sadly we all have to take. RIP fella !

I saw a guy in a Volvo parked in the road blocking the traffic, I thought it didn't look like RTA, it looked like he was waiting for something. It was gridlock everywhere, it made me very late for something I was going to.

Hmm, mixed feelings on this to be honest.

Bang out of order that. Was a top bloke, and a genuine lover of cars, something thats frowned upon on this forum any car love.

Who gives a flying what you were late for. The selfishness of some people. And you wrote that after previous posts that explained what it was about

Edited by 7litreV8
needed to ad

Blocking traffic for a funeral procession is hardly normal behaviour is it.

We've all had family members die and been to funerals, I doubt that we closed down a town centre to do it though.

Posts have been removed. I suggest you have a bit of respect or dont bother posting.

Bang out of order that. Was a top bloke, and a genuine lover of cars, something thats frowned upon on this forum any car love.

Who gives a flying what you were late for. The selfishness of some people. He ran his own forum instead of being a busy body on this one

I had no idea earlier today and even when I started this thread about any funeral taking place, I've never heard of this guy or been in his chip shop he apparently had for years. I will admit to being annoyed about the gridlock but having found out the cause, fair enough it puts a different complexion on things.

Posts have been removed. I suggest you have a bit of respect or dont bother posting.

that is good advice.

Blocking traffic for a funeral procession is hardly normal behaviour is it.

We've all had family members die and been to funerals, I doubt that we closed down a town centre to do it though.

Just shows how well respected and liked he was. R.I.P john

Having just been to another funeral we parked our car up and walked to the Anvil for the wake when we saw this magnificent procession come by. Amazing sight. Never knew the guy but was clearly well loved.