Car parking on street

need advise please

when I'm at work I park my car in the grounds, the employers are asking us to park in the street in front of work but I've told my insurance company, that my car is parked in work car park during day. So if I park on the street and it gets broken into or damaged will I still be able to claim. Need it clarifying before I email my boss thank you all you good people

I'm assuming your employer is moaning that you're taking up spaces the customers need to use?

Insurance wise it's tricky. My insurance question was where is it USUALLY parked so you could argue that on the day of any incident that the car park was unusually full...

I'm assuming your employer is moaning that you're taking up spaces the customers need to use?

Insurance wise it's tricky. My insurance question was where is it USUALLY parked so you could argue that on the day of any incident that the car park was unusually full...

Yep wants the space !!!!

But cars are always broken into on the street it might happen over and over ??

Inform your Insurance company it will be parked on the Street in future ??

Happened at my place of work too.

Employees had to park on nearby streets. It was a weekly occurrence that cars were getting damaged and broken in to!

If you don't tell the insurer, you're running a very large potential risk.

To avoid having a claim rejected, you ought to disclose the 'on-street' parking; it's unlikely to cause any premium increase.