Blades transfer rumours summer '18

It sounds a strange deal but as you say we need that striker.

O’Connell out ? :mad:

O’Connell out ? :mad:

Wilder has just been on and he has spoken to Houghton and told him that O'Connell is Not for sale .He says he has also spoken to the player and told him he is going nowhere and he is happy with that.He said watch out for the team sheet on Saturday and O 'Connell will be on it.

This is not the Blades way. have we got a tinge of ambition all of a sudden.

Edited by petcharlie
missed word out

United have had a decent window to be fair, obviously anymore outgoings could change that but so far, so good.

United have had a decent window to be fair, obviously anymore outgoings could change that but so far, so good.

I think Wilder must have found out McCabes credit card pin number.:hihi::hihi:

I think Wilder must have found out McCabes credit card pin number.:hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi: very good, looks that way.

Up to now as Wilder as said he has not really spent much cash.He has added a lot of class players to the side but has not spent much.He is really good at that and he has proved it before when you think of the good players he has brought in over the 2 years he has been here.Fleck being a good example.

He may have taken a gamble with the guy from Man City.Rumour has it that he was going to join Rangers for around 2 or 3 million but it is said he failed a medical so they pulled out so maybe the Blades have a understanding they can have him for nothing .Man City though have put a sell on clause in just incase it turns out he becomes a good un.We can not complain though because he has cost us nothing so we are not going to lose anything.So he must be a good bet.Every chance he could become a gem and cost nowt.

Great interview by Chris Wilder on RS. Sounds very positive. Says that we haven’t even touched the Brooks money yet. Says bid for Waghorn still the on the table but won’t meet an overpriced amount. Stilll looking for a striker.

Holding onto O’Connell and Fleck very important for me.

I am pleased to see Wilder not entering a bidding war for Waghorn or anyone else for that matter but especially Waghorn .He has had one decent season and he is 28 years old.The guy was worth nothing 18 months ago so a bid of 5 million in my mind is much more than he is worth but I trust Tufty he knows better than me and I know he will not go much higher.

To be fair as good as Brooks was the manager used him quite sparingly, so he may have not fitted into the style of play, the fee United got for him couldn't really be turned down for a bit part player (as good as he was).

Brooks has that extra bit of quality. We missed sparklevback end of last season to turn draws into wins.

---------- Post added 03-08-2018 at 12:22 ----------

Not blaming Wilder, just wish the board would give him a proper budget to spend.

Brooks has that extra bit of quality. We missed sparklevback end of last season to turn draws into wins.

---------- Post added 03-08-2018 at 12:22 ----------

Not blaming Wilder, just wish the board would give him a proper budget to spend.

I can see what your saying, I liked the look of Brooks but I have a nagging doubt in my mind that he could become one of those players that looks an amazing prospect (and he does) but then never really fulfils it, if that happens United have got a great deal, not saying it will but the feeling is there.

I can see what your saying, I liked the look of Brooks but I have a nagging doubt in my mind that he could become one of those players that looks an amazing prospect (and he does) but then never really fulfils it, if that happens United have got a great deal, not saying it will but the feeling is there.

I trust Wilders judgement. Maybe he sees Brooks as one of those not quite top class players & cashed in.

---------- Post added 03-08-2018 at 12:34 ----------

Great interview by Chris Wilder on RS. Sounds very positive. Says that we haven’t even touched the Brooks money yet. Says bid for Waghorn still the on the table but won’t meet an overpriced amount. Stilll looking for a striker.

Holding onto O’Connell and Fleck very important for me.

Yeah, we need to keep hold of key players & have a bit of luck with injuries.

wilder apparentley said at a fans forum he wants 2 more nothing imminent but still in for waghorn but not the only one