Blades transfer rumours summer '18

I'm not really up on the clauses etc but I was under the impression a,sell on clause is usually only between the club the player left and the club he went to (so united and hull), once he left hull there would be no reason for united to get anything. Apologies if thats wrong just how I thought it worked

No need to apologise Nervy, your guess is as good as mine.

I'm sure that's how it normally works and I've no knowledge of it happening before anywhere but I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be negotiated if the buying club was agreeable.

Do you think there was any mileage in the Waghorn thing mate.

McGoldrick been around a bit but CW seems to be able to get the best out of players.

Yes I think so. Wilder said as much, offered 5 million and not willing to go higher. Papers today saying he’s off to Derby after they’ve sold Vydra to Leeds, but that’s fallen through, so maybe not quite dead yet.

Don’t know much about McGoldrick but in Wilder we trust.

When does transfer window shut, i’d still like another couple of strikers in ?

Just hoping we start the season with Fleck and O’Connell. If we do then should have a decent season.

CW has wanted strikers but I think we need a ball winner in defence as we have given silly goals away that cost us points last season

CW has wanted strikers but I think we need a ball winner in defence as we have given silly goals away that cost us points last season

John Egan?

Woodburn having medical down at the Lane.

Season long loan I believe

Season long loan I believe
T

Thats right many clubs were after him but it looks like we have won the race for him.He is the right age and they say he is nearly ready for their first team so should be a good signing for us.

Klopp will have seen the performances of Maguire and Walker at the world cup and realised that Woodburn would develop at BDTBL.

Villa were in for him but when you have a track record like Bruce who puts Maguire out on loan (when at Hull) and plays his son instead then it's time to look elsewhere.

Very proud of our academy during the World Cup and hopefully it will bring benefits in other ways.

Klopp will have seen the performances of Maguire and Walker at the world cup and realised that Woodburn would develop at BDTBL.

Villa were in for him but when you have a track record like Bruce who puts Maguire out on loan (when at Hull) and plays his son instead then it's time to look elsewhere.

Very proud of our academy during the World Cup and hopefully it will bring benefits in other ways.

:thumbsup:

Could not agree more there are not many better academies than the blades academy .It is a pity it benefits all the prem rather than our own club.I could never fathom why Bruce sent Maguire out on loan and played his own son who used to drop clangers every week.How did he get away with it?If that happened at the Lane the fans would certainly have let him know what they thought.

According to the Star the players from the academy were 5th on the list of minutes played in the premiership last season.

Just a Shame that they're still not here. But if the top premiership clubs can't hang on to players we haven't got much chance.

Woodburn having medical down at the Lane.

From where ? What position does he play ?