Blades transfer rumours summer '18

According to SSN

Wales international David Brooks is due to undergo a medical tomorrow after Bournemouth agreed an £12m deal with Sheffield United, Sky Sports News understands.

What happened to the other thread about this why was it not merged, it just disappeared.:confused:

Edited by iansheff

Would love to keep him but £12m is good money for a player who in my opinion was good in patches last season but he didn't set the league on fire.

He could possibly be loaned back to us for the season,i'm sure there will be a sell on clause too.

I'm pretty sure Wilder wouldn't agree to the deal if he wasn't promised a good chunk if not all the money to reinvest in the squad.

UTB.

Edited by soad

I think it’s a case of when not if, so when he does go I’ll be disappointed but at the same time, 12m plus 3m in additional performance fees is good money for a player who didn’t do a whole lot last season. Bournemouth aren’t paying him for last season though, he’s an investment for them, a long term project.

I’m not expecting CW to get all the fee for transfers but I hope whatever he gets to spend, he get’s some decent quality in.

I think it’s a case of when not if, so when he does go I’ll be disappointed but at the same time, 12m plus 3m in additional performance fees is good money for a player who didn’t do a whole lot last season. Bournemouth aren’t paying him for last season though, he’s an investment for them, a long term project.

I’m not expecting CW to get all the fee for transfers but I hope whatever he gets to spend, he get’s some decent quality in.

Well I do not think it is enough by a long way.Last week the guy from Norwich went for more than 20 mill and in my opinion Brooks if far better.Would not even consider anything under 18 mill .We have to shop in the same market as any other team ,we always sell cheap and the next thing we hear our ex players are worth ten times more than we got payed.Time our prices reflected every other teams prices.

James Maddison was a stand out all season for Norwich. 44 games, 14 goals. Regular m.o.m.

Brooks is potential at this stage. He rarely started for us and when he did, didn't set the world alight. It's 12 million quid for what is, right now, potential. Sad to see him go, but if he wants to go, then we aren't financially well off enough to demand any more.

James Maddison was a stand out all season for Norwich. 44 games, 14 goals. Regular m.o.m.

Brooks is potential at this stage. He rarely started for us and when he did, didn't set the world alight. It's 12 million quid for what is, right now, potential. Sad to see him go, but if he wants to go, then we aren't financially well off enough to demand any more.

I fully agree if he wants to go you can not stop him I am sure like any human if some one has the chance to become a millionaire over night they will jump at the chance and I like Wilder would not want to stop him but he is under contract and we have a right to set a price which we want to over ride that contract.Now I think 12 million just is not enough for a terrific talent that is David Brooks.Just look back at the pea nuts we have got for Walker and Maguire and others who have gone on to play at the top and in Brooks we have the best one of the lot.We to have to shop in the same market but as before trying to replace talent like Brooks will cost us a lot more than we are getting for him so we end up with cheap garbage.

---------- Post added 28-06-2018 at 12:26 ----------

look across at the dark side and see what you get for 10 million

I don't think it was any coincidence that CW sorted a new contract for Brooks not long ago. Its been pretty open knowledge that the PL clubs have been sniffing around, and, although contracts aren't worth the paper most of them are written on in terms of keeping players at a club, it allowed us to build it up in case any firm approaches were made. It is what it is, he's on his bike and hopefully CW will get a big chunk of the fee to spend. Hopefully, two new strikers at least and let's see what the end result of the transfer window is. UTB!

Well I do not think it is enough by a long way.Last week the guy from Norwich went for more than 20 mill and in my opinion Brooks if far better.Would not even consider anything under 18 mill .We have to shop in the same market as any other team ,we always sell cheap and the next thing we hear our ex players are worth ten times more than we got payed.Time our prices reflected every other teams prices.

It’s ok saying I think he’s worth x amount, it’s what Bournemouth are willing to pay for him. Obviously they’ve offered an amount that we’re happy with or we wouldn’t have accepted it.

It’s ok saying I think he’s worth x amount, it’s what Bournemouth are willing to pay for him. Obviously they’ve offered an amount that we’re happy with or we wouldn’t have accepted it.

Same as when Spurs came in for Walker we were happy with that but it was not right he went for peanuts along with Jags and Maguire.You do not get a lot nowadays for 10 mill in fact some who go for that are really poor.If that was all that was being offered then the blades should have kept him and built a team around him he was top quality but as always as far back as I can remember in the early 60s quality has a short shelve life at the Lane.

---------- Post added 28-06-2018 at 19:11 ----------

I don't think it was any coincidence that CW sorted a new contract for Brooks not long ago. Its been pretty open knowledge that the PL clubs have been sniffing around, and, although contracts aren't worth the paper most of them are written on in terms of keeping players at a club, it allowed us to build it up in case any firm approaches were made. It is what it is, he's on his bike and hopefully CW will get a big chunk of the fee to spend. Hopefully, two new strikers at least and let's see what the end result of the transfer window is. UTB!

Well we will see how much Wilder will get to spend if it is anything like before it will not be much.

Same as when Spurs came in for Walker we were happy with that but it was not right he went for peanuts along with Jags and Maguire.You do not get a lot nowadays for 10 mill in fact some who go for that are really poor. If that was all that was being offered then the blades should have kept him and built a team around him he was top quality but as always as far back as I can remember in the early 60s quality has a short shelve life at the Lane.

But CW has said in the past that he’ll sell anyone who doesn’t want to be here any longer.

But CW has said in the past that he’ll sell anyone who doesn’t want to be here any longer.

I do understand that but we do not have to give them away on the cheap we like any other club deserve the going rate for great talent like Brooks after all we will have to pay the going rate if we buy good talent that have a long contract at their club.Brooks had a good long contract and we had plenty of time to wait for a good offer which would have come from a number of clubs who if the rumours are correct were also interested.I just hope the money goes in to the playing side of the club and not the infrastructure.

Seems a fair enough price to me from what I have seen of him. That norwich player had a much more solid season so can't really compare the two. Unlike walker though brooks has gone to a smaller club that are never likely to win much so if he is as good as some blades have been saying he is theres a good chance he'll want a move to a bigger club that can win things so if the club have been sensible and stuck a sell on fee in there aswell theres a good chance of more money coming for him, more chance than walker anyway