Foxhunting? What sort of lunatics enjoy it?

So crack pot :loopy: feeding his family doesn't require money??? Money isn't part of capitalism :huh: ?

make money to feed your family is very different to capitalism

If nearly all the land hadn't been taken away from wild animals then maybe Farmers wouldn't lose the odd lamb or chicken these creatures desperately need to feed their families!!!

foxes eat and take only 10% of what they kill

Besides I aint met a poor farmer yet.

and its evident you've never been to the countryside!

I'd love to see you pro hunters

wrong assumption that i'm pro-hunting. I'd never hunt and i disagree with many of the rituals that i'm sure little you don't even know about. If you want to have a good argument against hunting i suggest you find out about them. I have a major problem with people who live in cities and think poor fox, torn to death.

.......but the Fox is only killing to eat and survive

and this bit just demonstrates the problem with free speech. Thats right, when masses of people form a view on completely the wrong facts. Thats right, your cute fox who just wants to feed her little family of fox cubs, does not just kill one chicken and take one to her cubs.....no no. Fox will kill as many as she can find, up to hundreds and just eat/take one or two.

fool:loopy:

If you can kill them with a gun then why dont all the farmers employ old crackshots such as yourself?

It is always said that the only way to kill them is to chase to ground and then rip them to shreds. They say say this is the only only humanitarian way!

I love eating lamb, but have never met a Farmer who thinks so much about them that he is bothered if they live or die. they are two a penny

Sometimes shooitng is effective if you know where the fox hunts.

If you've never met a farmer who cares about his lambs, you've never met a sheep farmer.

Noticed how they get uptight about their sheep being stressed at lambing time? How they shoot dogs that are loose in the sheep fields, especially come lambing season?

As if!

Did you know that the foxes are caught in a trap unharmed and then released moment before the hunt begins? This is so the dogs have the scent of the released fox and are on its trail straight away. They would be more than likely to be wasting their day trying to find a fox if they didn't do this.

Why not shoot the fox there and then since it is already caught than to chase it for miles on end causing exhaustion and eventual death by being ripped apart?

I've never known a trapped fox to be used - whoever told you that?

Usually the hunt has to roam about for quite a while before the hounds catch a scent.

Rocketpig - we may have disagreed in the past but you've come up with a whole lot of common sense and unarguable fact here - just a shame that people who have their heads buried in the sand can't see what's clearly laid out in front of them.

The frustrating thing is that the objectors are always city dwellers who have no idea whatsoever about country life, except possibly for their twice a year ramble for half a mile, and they feel they have a right to affect a world that they neither understand nor are part of. It's a long time since farmers were all well off, and anybody who thinks foxes only kill to eat has been reading too many Enid Blighton books.

Sometimes shooitng is effective if you know where the fox hunts.

If you've never met a farmer who cares about his lambs, you've never met a sheep farmer.

Noticed how they get uptight about their sheep being stressed at lambing time? How they shoot dogs that are loose in the sheep fields, especially come lambing season?

around here we have many sheep and cattle farms, but most people also keep their dogs in check, as we appreciate that the sheep etc. are a commodity for the farmer. I also realise that in many ways we are guests on the farmers land.

One thing always sticks out in my mind though, years ago, in my caving days, we were doing Jack Pot. The weather was very much like it is today.

On our way back to the farm (2/6d parking and a cup of char) we came across a sheep collappsed and gasping its last.

We told the farmer about this and he said 'its only a sheep so what'

He did not seem too concerned

around here we have many sheep and cattle farms, but most people also keep their dogs in check, as we appreciate that the sheep etc. are a commodity for the farmer. I also realise that in many ways we are guests on the farmers land.

One thing always sticks out in my mind though, years ago, in my caving days, we were doing Jack Pot. The weather was very much like it is today.

On our way back to the farm (2/6d parking and a cup of char) we came across a sheep collappsed and gasping its last.

We told the farmer about this and he said 'its only a sheep so what'

He did not seem too concerned

Some don't - and it does vary from farmer to farmer.

Good cave Jackpot - also known as P8, as I recall.

Really caring farmers who want to keep their ickle lambs protected from nasty Mr Fox so they can sell them for slaughter. Animal husbandry, don't make me laugh.

Some don't - and it does vary from farmer to farmer.

Good cave Jackpot - also known as P8, as I recall.

brilliant cave I understand it has been pushed further these days, we always believed it would link up with caves further down.

Really caring farmers who want to keep their ickle lambs protected from nasty Mr Fox so they can sell them for slaughter. Animal husbandry, don't make me laugh.

Max are you against rat killing?

you're either a veggie or thick

make money to feed your family is very different to capitalism

Making money is Capitalism.

foxes eat and take only 10% of what they kill

Why have you lived with them.

and its evident you've never been to the countryside!

Lots of time my friend.

wrong assumption that i'm pro-hunting. I'd never hunt and i disagree with many of the rituals that i'm sure little you don't even know about. If you want to have a good argument against hunting i suggest you find out about them. I have a major problem with people who live in cities and think poor fox, torn to death.

Didn't you claim to have shot 2 foxes recently, in my mind i'd say thats hunting.

and this bit just demonstrates the problem with free speech. Thats right, when masses of people form a view on completely the wrong facts. Thats right, your cute fox who just wants to feed her little family of fox cubs, does not just kill one chicken and take one to her cubs.....no no. Fox will kill as many as she can find, up to hundreds and just eat/take one or two.

Oh my God!!! So anyone who wishes to say something you don't like shouldn't be allowed. Well bring on "1984"

fool:loopy:

The last bit of your post disapoints me as I would never want to take your "Freedom of Speech" away even though I disagree with it. Your point is heading to dangerous ground. I feel you should have the right to have your say but I just don't agree with your views on Fox Hunting same as you don't agree with mine. Neither of us wrong but we should be allowed to say our peace should we not?

Max are you against rat killing?

you're either a veggie or thick

Careful rocketpig - that's twice in one day we've agreed heartily.

It's ironic that a lot of the arguments both pro and con foxhunting can be applied here to the annual seal cull in Canada. The difference being that the seals don't get hunted by dogs and people on horseback.