Foxhunting? What sort of lunatics enjoy it?

S'cuse the fox butting in here :suspect:

My sister works part time, doesn't have a silver spoon in her mouth and she has ridden with the hunt, (at the back) for the simple reason that it was the only opportunity she had to let the horse really go for it, stretch his legs and get a good few jumps in.

She isn't pro hunting but alot of her horsey friends are and the farmer upon whose land she liverys detests them as he keeps chickens and turkeys. :(

I'm pro fox hunting, having been brought up not far from the country and having spent a lot of time on farms with friends, hunting was something you accepted. Foxes were a danger to some animals especially chickens and when your lively hood is the animals on your land, you want to protect your profit, although I understand some do it purely for fun, it does help farmers.

I seem to remember something about beagles having to be put down too after the ban due to the fact that beagles are pack animals and so can not really be seperated and used as pets. Maybe someone can confirm that :huh:

As for fox hunting being cruel, life is cruel, but killing foxes makes it easier on the farmers and even though farmers don't live in the cities where all the politicians are, they are still part of the elctorate and still don't deserve the harshness that often comes with farming life.

:thumbsup: Completely agree, that's what i tried to say earlier but came out a bit jumbled

I'm not pro fox hunting, but I fully support the right of people in the countryside who want to practice this supposed sport. (Is it really a sport, after all the fox doesn't win a prize for evading the dogs does it :) )

Whilst I support the countryfolk to carry out their sport, I would like them to ensure that the fox doesn't suffer any undue suffering.

Perhaps they could shoot it once the horseriders get to it ?

Z

She isn't pro hunting but alot of her horsey friends are and the farmer upon whose land she liverys detests them as he keeps chickens and turkeys. :(

Does he keep them as pets? If not why is so upset when they get killed?

It is very big hearted of the hunting fraternity to spend all these vast sums of money on horses stables, packs of dogs etc, just to help out the local chicken farmer.

I bet when he turns up at the Mansion covered in feathers and chicken **** they welcome him with open arms, when they are just sitting down to dinner with the latest popsinger or footballer that entertains them :hihi:

Can you explain to me why you are envious of these people you so admire.

Is it because of years spent flattering them, that they still dont accept you.

They never will Bartfarst, you are a hireling, paid to do their dirty work.

They mock your efforts to be part of a society you cannot understand.

However do you come up with such tripe? I flatter nobody, but I don't see the harm in defending people whose heinous 'crime' in the eyes of the lower classes is to be more successful or of higher birth.

I am indeed a hireling in that I work for a living, but does that mean that old, close friends I’ve had since school and university would mock me if they don’t need to work?

No, I really don’t think so. That sort of though is born only in the minds of the embittered ranks of the jealous underachievers whose vitriolic envy feeds their inverted snobbery, and their total lack of understanding of the social classes that are, quite rightly and of necessity, above them.

And understanding is the key, because the very assumption that huntsmen are all ‘upper class’ is naive folly. Those who actually think that hunts are made up of ‘toffs’ (laughable word that it is) clearly do not understand that the vast majority of huntsmen are normal, working people. Farmers, labourers, gamekeepers, shopkeepers, the odd lawyer and doctor, but anybody who thinks that the hunts are manned with the landed gentry needs to start reading a better class of story book.

I must ask you, as an aside, why –yet again – you had to turn the thread around to an attempt to belittle me personally. Could you please point out when I have done so to you?

as usual loads of opinions but few making sense.

the fact is foxes need culling, not for sport, not necassarily for fun and not always because they are a pest. its mainly because that the fox has no natural predators and if it is allowed to breed unchecked it will exhaust the natural resources foxes need and what you'll get is lots of sick, starving dying foxes.

therefore its necessary to kill a few off for their own good. don't tell me its a new phenomenon because native americans have been doing it for centuries and they are hardly upper class. the truth is nature if left unchecked will not fall into balance, if you want to keep an area of land in balance you have to decide what that is and aggressively make changes to keep it so and if that means killing off a few of the animals for the welfare of the rest of the environment so be it.

its a hard cruel world but hunting is necessary and it serves an extremely useful purpose.

Lot of sense there by the duck.
i do try,

2 agreements in one night! we'll have to be careful it doen't become too much of a habit!:D:hihi:

i do try,

2 agreements in one night! we'll have to be careful it doen't become too much of a habit!:D:hihi:

Be very careful - or you'll end up tied to the stake next to me when the Forum Inquisition's Witchfinder Persuivant next burns me for heresy of some kind or another.

I must ask you, as an aside, why –yet again – you had to turn the thread around to an attempt to belittle me personally. Could you please point out when I have done so to you?

I am sorry Bartfarst, I know you are a sensitive person, and I am just taking advantage of your good nature. Good luck, but beware, not every one is as genial as thee and me :hihi:

The politics of envy, summed up neatly by CC.

I don't Envy you or this barbaricness, I both pity and hate anyone involved in it.

I don't Envy you or this barbaricness, I both pity and hate anyone involved in it.

Pity and hate at the same time.....Cliff, that's some kind of emotional complexity you've got going on there man...:)