Foxhunting? What sort of lunatics enjoy it?

think they should do post mortems on their brains when they die to see where nature went wrong :loopy:

i do think it is wrong to treat it like a sport and kill them on a weekly basis but at times if they have bred and their numbers soared it may be of benefit for a cull for the species, sustainable food etc.

Didn't Oscar Wilde once famously describe it as 'the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable'?

Medieval barbarism disguised as sport (my quote).

i do think it is wrong to treat it like a sport and kill them on a weekly basis but at times if they have bred and their numbers soared it may be of benefit for a cull for the species, sustainable food etc.

....and the foxhunting fraternity breed them anyway so they can continue to enjoy their "sport" in areas where there are none..i.e. the isle of wight...there were no foxes there till the lunatics took them...and as far as a cull??even if thats necessary do they have to get dressed up in stupid clothes on sunday mornings and treat it as a social occasion..only one way to describe them...despicable

....and the foxhunting fraternity breed them anyway so they can continue to enjoy their "sport" in areas where there are none..i.e. the isle of wight...there were no foxes there till the lunatics took them...and as far as a cull??even if thats necessary do they have to get dressed up in stupid clothes on sunday mornings and treat it as a social occasion..only one way to describe them...despicable

TBF they are posh

But the supporter of Fox Hunting will tell you banning this will destroy the countryside and its economy. City people dont understand the countryside.

Erm... at the back of my house is a farm... I live and was brought up within a mile of a fox hunt. I'm not out of work, the local economy is booming, and I understand the countryside... its a place where wild animals live.

I'm against fox hunting, its just a bunch of vicous thugs in daft clothes being cruel because they can. Theres absolutely no justification for it in my eyes.

And dont think that hunters just have no respect or humanity towards foxes, they'll happily tear you apart too if you try to end their vile passtime (sorry, cant call it sport).

to see where nature went wrong :loopy:

You're all gonna have a good rant at me for this but this has to be one of the most stupid quotes I've ever seen on here.

"NATURE" whether as a 2006 modern day human being you agree with fox hunting or not it's still one of the most natural things on planet Earth to go out hunting and killing things lower down than us on the food chain.

The fact that they now hunt foxes as a sport does not matter.

When we now buy most of our food killed and prepared for us I don't see why people get so surprised when in certain humans theirs still an urge to hunt and kill.

I'm personally bored of this argument either way, both sides refuse to take into account that it's just a different way of living that they don't understand.

That said I sometimes think anti hunters need to grow up and embrace what kind of species they are on this planet.

:help:

just think if you're gonna kill any creature you should kill it quickly with an absolute minimum of fear and pain. fox hunting doesn't seem to fit any criteria of a humane death.

don't see how killing a fox supports rural communities - folk can still dress up, ride about, exercise their hounds, have a social get together without a fox being chased and killed.

Hmm, judgemental topic I reckon...

From the title I take it you disagree with foxhunting...

ok, so we humans have killed off almost all predators above the fox in the food chain.

Nature used to use something called natural selection where the stronger animals thrived, and the weaker ones died. Now that balance is upset and some control on foxes needs to be imposed.

What are the choices?

Poison - very indiscriminate and inhumane

Shooting - Indiscriminate, could be a vixen with cubs being shot, could be a young fox, could just maim it and allow the fox to escape to die a horrible death in some deserted corner.

Alternatively, you could let them be chased by some of their (once) natural predators, giving the strong the chance to escape, and the weeding out the weak. (In fact only 1 in 12 or less fox hunts results in any sort of a kill) And it is that, a kill - not a horrible maiming or a painful poisoning.

I worked for many years in the Lake district where the hounds were only followed on foot - a tradition which has been going on for hundreds of years - not a sport for only the priviledged!

If you ban fox hunting, what about that other barbaric sport where you spear the mouths of living things with barbed hooks, rip them out and then start again - tormeting the poor things time and time again...

I refer to fishing of course - but wait... fishing is not seen as elitist, in fact it is the escape of the common man - also known as the Labour voter - so it will never be banned will it?????

So, in the end, I suggest that nature has only gone wrong by providing you with a very blinkered and ill-informed view on fox hunting...

But then again, it is only my suggestion and I may be wrong too...

Does anyone on here eat chicken?

Most chicken we eat are battery farmed, what sort of life’s and deaths do these poor birds have?

I think killing a fox for sport is terrible but at least that fox has had a free life before its nasty death, those poor chickens haven’t!

I don’t see how we can ban fox hunting when IMO there are some much more barbaric things done to animals to save us all a few £££ off our food bills!

P

. and what about the fox hunts that are not followed by people on horseback?

I can take you to some hunts that are followed on foot by ordinary folk in regular out-door clothing.

Borat - Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp. Some like to make the jam. But the most fun is to kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip him up with a wild dog. This is why I come to the countryside to find out about English hobbies.