Phone usage in USA

Going to USA shortly:)

Am very confused over phone usage - can anyone confirm that you can send WhatsApp messages and photos to UK for free as we have been told?

Thank you.

Am very confused over phone usage - can anyone confirm that you can send WhatsApp messages and photos to UK for free as we have been told?

Thank you.

Depends on your data allowance, I guess, and on whether you are working with hotel’s WiFi.

My daughter has been whatsapp’ing photos from Vegas this last week, presumably via the Hotel’s WiFi.

I have an old iPhone 5 that I use when travelling. It's unlocked & I use a 3 PAYG sim in it. They have the feel at home thing where you can use your normal UK allowance in lots of countries without it costing a fortune.

It worked fine for me & I think I spent about £10 when I went to the West Coast. That included lots of Uber & sending msgs and photos to my friends and family.

Check what type of phone you have & whether it's compatible with US networks - some aren't.

Thank you.

If you have wifi yes, but not on cellular unless your roaming allows data use for free (perhaps 3 does, ee doesn't).

You can walk into TMobile in the States and pick up a monthly SIM.

This supposed you have an unlocked phone.

You can walk into TMobile in the States and pick up a monthly SIM.

This supposed you have an unlocked phone.

AT&T works as well, but Verizon I think is the networks thats not compatible with UK phones.

Thanks for all replies - sifting (slowly for a technophobe!) through them.

The monthly sum was approx same as the UK price.

Get ya data roaming wrong with a UK Sin and it's painfull.

My giffgaff SIM ,would have been crushing,and I always to be contactable,so no real option if just relying on WiFi for me

I've been twice and just used free wifi when available for calls and texts back to the UK.